Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
Hi,

I'm writing a letter of explanation for the military in an application to join the NZ Army again. I'd like to know the correct format for this type of letter, well effectively just the best way to structure the letter so it thoroughly explains my desire to re-enlist, actions over the past six years that may effect my application, what I gained from my time in and what my goals would be moving forward.

Any other topics that you think would prove useful in this type of letter please add these too, I apologise if my grammar is incorrect on this post (I'm aware I am on a language forum) ;-)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello foxfourfive, and welcome to the forum.
We do not write letters for people; the best we can do is to have a look at your letter and suggest (language) corrections if you post it here. :)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I don't know of any specific format for such a letter, but you have a plan that seems to work- start with the purpose (re-enlisting) of the letter, back this up with what has led you to make this decision (actions over the last six years), what you gained in the past and what you want to do in the future. Try to keep it as short as possible, focus on the main points and don't include too much detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.