• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

horizontalaxe

This paper investigates the along-wind forced vibration response of an onshore wind turbine. The study includes the dynamic interaction effects between the foundation and the underlying soil, as softer soils can influence the dynamic response of wind turbines. A Multi-Degree-of-Freedom (MDOF) horizontalaxes onshore wind turbine model is developed for dynamic analysis using an Euler–Lagrangian approach. The model is comprised of a rotor blade system, a nacelle and a flexible tower connected to a foundation system using a substructuring approach. The rotor blade system consists of three rotating blades and includes the effect of centrifugal stiffening due to rotation. The foundation of the structure is modeled as a rigid gravity based foundation with two DOF whose movement is related to the surrounding soil by means of complex impedance functions generated using cone model. Transfer functions for displacement of the turbine system are obtained and the modal frequencies of the combined turbine foundation system are estimated. Simulations are presented for the MDOF turbine structure subjected to wind loading for different soil stiffness conditions. Steady state and turbulent wind loading, developed using blade element momentum theory and the Kaimal spectrum, have been considered. Soil stiffness and damping properties acquired from DNV/Risّ standards are used as a comparison. The soil-structure interaction is shown to affect the response of the wind turbine.

What does this word mean?
    Last edited by topman85; 24-Aug-2016 at 18:07.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: horizontalaxe

What's your source? Citing your source not only helps with context, but avoids copyright infringement issues.

I think it's supposed to be two words -' horizontal axes'. Axes is the plural of 'axis'. It seems to be referring to wind turbines which have horizontal axes.
    Last edited by Skrej; 24-Aug-2016 at 17:28. Reason: adding source request
    Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

I didn't get it from any websites and I don't know who the writer is but I will type the paragraph I have. I thought it might be a verb...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I think it should be "axis." Not sure why it would be plural. A turbine only has one axis.