Other
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,

I've recently started a new job and my manager asked me to draft a letter to someone we are not sure if it needs to go to then. Basically i need to acknowledge and apologise for sending the letter to potentially the wrong person at the beginning of the letter.

i assumed it would be something along the lines of......"firstly, please accept my apologies if I have addressed this letter to the wrong recipient, however if you could .......... " I'm not sure.... Please help xxxxx

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's difficult (usually impossible) for us to know what you want to say in your letter. You're more than welcome to post the full letter here, and we'll have look at it for you. Bear in mind that this is a public forum. :)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How could you be not sure whether you have addressed/sent the letter to the wrong person?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I can see how it might be possible. If you want to send an email to, for example, the person who is responsible for training, you might be 75% certain that you remember that that person is Joe Bloggs. You have Joe Bloggs' email address so you decide to send the email to him and you just hope you're right. You might start the email with "I hope I am right that you are currently the person responsible for training issues. If not, I apologise for disturbing you and I would be grateful if you could let me know who I should email instead".

Status
Not open for further replies.