Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
Good day.

I am making a series of questions and answers to know people, the main purpose of this is practicing my speaking with foreigners. I would like to know if my answers are right.

Do you prefer to watch television or read a book?

I prefer to read a book, however as I am married sometimes I need to spend some time with my wife and watching television is something that we can easily make together, reading a book is a little more difficult to do together.

If you can choose between a free trip or money, which one do you prefer?

I prefer the money, I like a lot to travel and to know different places, however right now my biggest dream is to own a house so I will use the money to help me buy a house

What would it be your perfect job?

Well a perfect job for me, would be a work where i can work where I want to work and having the possibility to do it no matter where I go, doing something that I enjoy doing, Working when I want to work and only a few hours in the week, Where I can manage my time and decide when working and when not, Where I decide the rules and the procedures and how things should be done, Feeling that my work contributes to others and I am helping people, and finally earning enough money to pay the bills and supplying basic necessities and also to travel and help other people.

Thank you so much in advance any feedback will be greatly appreciatted

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Good day.
Hello dramierzag, and welcome to the forum. :-D

I am making a series of questions and answers to [STRIKE]know people, the main purpose of this is[/STRIKE] practise [STRIKE]cing[/STRIKE] my English speaking with foreigners. I would like to know if my answers are right.

Do you prefer to watch television or read a book?

I prefer to read a book; however as I am married, sometimes I need to spend [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] time with my wife, and watching television is something that we [STRIKE]can easily make[/STRIKE] enjoy doing together. Reading a book is a little more difficult to do together. [Wow! I've never heard of two adults reading a book together. :roll:]

If you [STRIKE]can choose[/STRIKE] had a choice between a free trip or money, which one [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] would you prefer?

I'd prefer the money. I do like [STRIKE]a lot to[/STRIKE] travelling and getting to [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] see different places. However, right now my biggest dream is to own a house, so I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would use the money for that. [STRIKE]to help me buy a house[/STRIKE]

What would [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] be [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] the perfect job for you?

Well, the perfect job for me would be [STRIKE]a work where i can work where I want to work and having the possibility to do it no matter where I go,[/STRIKE] to do [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] something that I enjoy doing, working when I want to work and only for a few hours [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] a week, [STRIKE]Where I can manage my time and decide when working and when not,[/STRIKE] and where I get to decide the [STRIKE]rules[/STRIKE] terms and [STRIKE]the procedures and[/STRIKE] conditions as well as how things should be done. [STRIKE]Feeling that my work contributes to others and I am helping people, and[/STRIKE] Finally, earning enough money to pay the bills [STRIKE]and supplying basic necessities[/STRIKE] and also to go on the occasional holiday (vacation) [STRIKE]to travel and[/STRIKE] as well as being able to help other people are important considerations too.

Thank you so much in advance. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

I just want to point out that correct punctuation is important in English. I noticed that you have several comma splices in your text. You can deal with those either by using a full stop (period) instead of the comma, or by using an appropriate conjunction.
Here are the comma splices:
and answers to know people, the main purpose of this is
we can easily make together, reading a book is a little
I prefer the money, I like a lot to

Also,
however as I am married sometimes
This makes you a part-time husband! :shock:
However, with a comma in the right place, your wife will not complain! :mrgreen:
however as I am married, sometimes

Finally, I strongly advise you to avoid writing unnecessarily long sentences at this stage.

Flogger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello,

Should "Adults" not have got an apostrophe after the final "s"? something like that:

[Wow! I've never heard of two adults' reading a book together. :roll:]

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
No that's incorrect.