• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

... they will cling to me all my life?

I find it completely impossible to forget your efforts—and they will cling to me all my life.

Is the underlined part correct English? If not, would you please improve it?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: ... they will cling to me all my life?

It's unnatural. It's not the efforts themselves that will "cling to you". It's the memory or the fact of those efforts. Even so, I find the use of the word "cling" unnatural there.

Also, "completely impossible" is tautologous (even though you'll hear it a lot). Something is either impossible or it's not.

I would say something like "It's impossible for me to forget your efforts - the memory/those memories will be with me forever".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: ... they will cling to me all my life?

Correct, yes. The sentiment could be expressed a little better, though.

I'd replace the hyphen with a semicolon. I think I'd probably drop "and" too.

Then I'd reconsider how I feel about the first part. What is it that I really want to say? What emotion, or concept, do I wish to evoke or assign to the first part? Maybe...

"I find it completely impossible to forget your efforts; their wisdom will stay with me all my life". The focus is on the "efforts".
    "I find it completely impossible to forget your efforts; your wisdom will stay with me all my life". The focus is on you.

Now you can replace "wisdom" with whatever it is that you decide is truly what matters to you about this experience. What do you see, think about, feel when you remember these past "efforts"?

You can also alter "...will stay with me..." with whatever is appropriate based on your intent. "will remain close to my heart". "will forever guide my decisions". You get the idea.