• Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

need some series and movies

Need some series and movies in english for learn english from them
    i think my english's level is something like medium.
    so i wish for nice series and movies at my level. i prefer a comedy. everything can be good.
    Thnaks a lot!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: need some series and movies

Quote Originally Posted by hedBisker View Post
    I need some series and movies in English for to help me improve my learn English language skills. from them
    I think my english's level is something like per-intermediate, medium.
    so i wish I'm looking for nice and easy series and movies at my level. I prefer comedy but would watch other stuff too. beverything can be good.
    Thanks a lot!
    Hello hedBisker, and welcome.
    Are you interested in British or American series and films?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Thanks for fix my bad english
    About your answer I realy dont care.
    It can be American, British, Australian, etc ..
    The importent thing that it will be in medium level English.
    For example the series "Big Bang Theory" it too hard.
    I can't understand it so well without subtitle for my language...
    So i prefer something little bit lighter then that.
    Mybe it can be at level as a Game Of Thrones that was a little hard but it was understandable even without subtitle for my language.
    so it can be at this level.
    Thanks a lot!!!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by hedBisker View Post
    Thanks for fixing my bad English.
    About In answer to your answer question, I really don't care. It can be American, British, Australian, etc.
    The important thing is that it will be is in medium-level English. For example, the series "The Big Bang Theory" it is too hard for me. I can't understand it so well without subtitles for in my language,
    so I would prefer something a little bit lighter easier then than that.
    Maybe it can could be at the same level as a "Game Of Thrones". That was a little hard but it was understandable even without subtitles. for my language.
    so it can be at this level.
    Thanks a lot!
    I'm surprised you could understand "Game of Thrones" without subtitles but well done!

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - Always capitalise proper nouns. (English, America, Shakespeare, Microsoft etc.)
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Check your spelling carefully. If your browser has a spellchecker set to English, it will underline spelling errors in red. Take care with the difference between "then" and "than".

You could try some soap operas too - they usually use fairly simple language. Try "Neighbours" (Australian). Some British soaps have quite strong regional accents - "EastEnders" (south/east London), "Coronation Street" (Manchester) so might be a little difficult. If you can track down old series, you could try "Dallas" (American).
    Comedy can be quite hard to follow (as you found with "The Big Bang Theory") because lines are spoken quickly and the rhythm is used for comic effect. There are also a lot of puns which can be hard for non-natives to understand.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    You could try some soap operas too - they usually use fairly simple language. Try "Neighbours" (Australian). Some British soaps have quite strong regional accents - "EastEnders" (south/east London), "Coronation Street" (Manchester) so might be a little difficult. If you can track down old series, you could try "Dallas" (American).
    Comedy can be quite hard to follow (as you found with "The Big Bang Theory") because lines are spoken quickly and the rhythm is used for comic effect. There are also a lot of puns which can be hard for non-natives to understand.
    Comedy also includes lots of topical references which can be incomprehensible to foreigners.

Regarding regional accents: EastEnders is in a foreign language to this American's ears. It often resembles English, but not closely enough for me to glean much meaning from it.
    I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    I'm surprised you could understand "Game of Thrones" without subtitles but well done!

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - Always capitalise proper nouns. (English, America, Shakespeare, Microsoft etc.)
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Check your spelling carefully. If your browser has a spellchecker set to English, it will underline spelling errors in red. Take care with the difference between "then" and "than".

Thanks a lot!!!.
    Dallas looks a good one.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

"How I Met Your Mother", "Friends", "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Scrubs" are really funny.