Student or Learner
Hello everyone! Could you please correct my CV and CL for english grammar and writing, actually I am not sure it is all right...
My name is NAME SURNAME and I am graduated from XXX University with internship experience in audit, equity research and analysis. I believe that position of the XXX at your firm will be a dream position for me after graduation and I consider myself to be a good fit for it.
I base my claim on the following achievements:
- I’ve worked part-time at XXX where I was in charge of performing financial models and writing notes on research companies and industries. I have had deep hands-on experience and passion for electronic payment industry and self-storages REIT sector in the U.S. Based on that knowledge I have conducted a comprehensive research which impacted fund decision to initiated Visa Inc. position. Additionally I’ve learned how to analyze a sundry of companies in different stages by using different valuation techniques with unit economics, key revenue drivers analysis and further present this research to fund senior analysts.
- I’ve interned at XXX audit department where I was performing AP, AR, revenue and cash sections lead-sheets for companies in 2 industries: oil and electric power. I’ve learned RAS and IFRS in practice applied to different companies and their subsidiaries. I’ve participated in performing pro forma financial statements for a company after its restructuring.
- During my time at XXX I was focused on corporate finance and financial modeling (covered DCF, LBO and M&A models building) with strong emphasis on the technical skills. Besides being proficient in classical financial tools I was focused on finance related statistical methods using R (beta coefficient calculation, statistical regressions, etc.) and @RISK: I ran Monte-Carlo simulations on a DCF financial model to take uncertainty into account.
My time in university was a best time in my life so far, but I feel that I have so much more to learn and grow both personally and professionally. XXX position at your firm would a tremendous personal growth and opportunity to make positive impact for the firm and firms’ clients. I will really appreciate the opportunity to present myself in person.
Analyzed and performed the lead-sheets for companies in 2 different industries across 4 geographical regions for AP, AR, cash and revenue sections.
- Project in oil industry:
- While prepared revenue cutoff, found a significant error, led client to made an adjustment, which resulted in correct revenue recognition.
- Project in electric power industry:
- Prepared detailed analysis and review for company’s performance. Interviewed client’s top management regarding main operational problems and ways it would be solved in the future. Used scenario analysis to estimate lack of liquidity outcomes caused by an ecologic issue.
Performed detailed business analysis for companies in self-storage REITs sector and electronic card payments industry in the USA.
- Built 6 financial models (which involved DCF and comparable analysis, strengthened with sensitivity tests and Monte-Carlo simulations in some models). Performed comprehensive industrial research to insure high quality of industry-wide assumptions.
- Wrote multiple write-ups and notes on research companies and industries, which were later reviewed by senior analyst. My research impacted fund decision to initiated Visa Inc. position.
BS Economics, GPA 4.4/5.0
Thesis: “Valuation of company’s intrinsic value on the example of MasterCard Inc..”. Created an integrated financial model for the company which involved key revenue drivers analysis and Monte-Carlo simulations. Conducted a comprehensive analysis of the company’s entry into the Chinese market.
Relevant Modules: International energy markets (oil & gas), corporate finance, accounting, financial markets; attended optional course on financial modeling (covered DCF and LBO models building), R Programming, IFRS course by XXX.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Languages: Russian (native), English (advanced)
- Finalist (in team) of case championship “XXX” 2014 (3rd place) and 2015 (4th place). Created a development strategy for retail company in Siberian Federal District and a new “b2b” service for telecom company. Our case-solution presentation was ranked #1 out of 14 teams.
- Opened my own account on Moscow Exchange (“MOEX”). All securities added to portfolio were analyzed accurately and weighted according the risk. Portfolio outperformed the broad market (measured by MICEX index) since I have started it.
- Completed R Programming course on Coursera. Used that knowledge to run some sample tests of market efficiency hypothesis.
Technical Skills: Advanced user of Microsoft Office, Capital IQ, had an experience with @RISK.
Interests: Financial markets, world history, traveling, macroeconomics.