• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

reinsert

I have a bound notebook. I have to amend one paper, and then print it out. The new printout should be added to the bound notebook. I would like to say this: I will make a few amendments to page#7, and then (What should go here?). Does reinsert work?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: reinsert

reinsert seems to make good sense here (if, as you say, you are inserting again what has already been inserted.) Perhaps others can think of a better alternative, though.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I'm inclined to say that you're not "reinserting" the page because it's not the same piece of paper you removed. If you took out a sheet of paper, made a manuscript amendment to it and put the same sheet of paper back in, you'd be reinserting it. However, it seems you're going to make a digital amendment and then print out the new version on a fresh sheet of paper, which you will then put in the binder.

I might say "I'm going to remove page 7, make some changes, print the new version and then replace the old one with the new one". I admit that's a bit wordy.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    However, it seems you're going to make a digital amendment and then print out the new version on a fresh sheet of paper, which you will then put in the binder.
    Exactly.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

It doesn't really matter that it's not physically the same piece of paper -- it's still the same page in effect.