Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Canada
Granting a work permit to full-time students aroused a heated debate during the past decade. While some claim that it hurts the economy, depriving locals of job opportunities, others think that it is an important source of income for students. Personally, I agree that full-time students should have the right to work.

Firstly, it is well-known that tuition fees increase yearly with no equivalent increase in students' stipend if they have any. For example, I am a Ph.D. student at the University of British Columbia and I face this problem. Additionally, rent prices and living expenses follow the same trend as tuition fees.

Secondly, it is important for student's resume to have some work experience. That gives any future employer some confidence in person's ability to perform in a professional environment.

In conclusion, the part-time job is a vital need for students, not only financially, but also for career progression and job market penetration.

~~~~
Could you please correct this essay ?

Thanks for your time.

This is not a homework, just an IELTS essay:

"some people say part-time jobs are useful for full-time students because they not only earn money but also gain career experience. Do you agree or disagree ?"

Last edited:

rock-onn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is 'a' required or not before 'student's resume' in the sentence 'it is important for student's resume to have some work experience.'?

Status
Not open for further replies.