• Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Ecuador
      • Current Location:
      • Ecuador

• Post Thanks / Like

Please Check my FCE report

This is a FCE report that I've written to practice, if you could give me any advice. I'll be thankful

Your English teacher has asked you to write a report on a part-time or holiday job that you have done. The report will appear in the college English-language magazine.
    In your report, you should.
    • Describe the job
    • Explain what you learnt from it
    • say whether you would recommend other students to do it

My part-time job

Introduction

The main purpose of this report is to give an overview on my own experience in a part-time job. In order to obtain this information I spent two months working on a film production company.

Description of the job

While I was working there I had to talk with directors and producers to reach an agreement on the quality that was expected to be on the film, that was really difficult because most of the times the budget was not enough to do what everyone on the set wanted. Furthermore, I had to put up with long and exhausting hours of editing, besides daily revisions from the crew.

Gaining experience

Even though I already had theoretical experience on that work field, it was really different from what books said. The most challenging part for me was working as a team with a staff of 20 people, for the reason that usually you can not continue your work until other member of the team had finished his part. Moreover was usually held up with the long hour "renders", something that requires lots of patience.

Recommendations

I highly recommend that youngsters take part-time or holiday jobs, despite the fact that you will not get a lot of money, the new abilities that you will learn will be so much more valuable in the adulthood.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Check my FCE report

Quote Originally Posted by yuriko200 View Post
    This is an FCE report that I've written to practice for my exam. If you could give me any advice, I'll be thankful.
    Note the correct punctuation.

My part-time job

Introduction

The main purpose of This report is to gives an overview on of my own experience in a part-time job . In order to obtain this information where I spent two months working on in a film-production company.
    Description of the job

While I was working there I had to talk with directors and producers to reach an agreement on the quality that was expected to be on the film, that was really difficult because most of the times the budget was not enough to do what everyone on the set wanted. Furthermore, I had to put up with long and exhausting hours of editing, besides daily revisions from the crew.

Gaining experience

Even though I already had theoretical experience on that work field, it was really different from what books said. The most challenging part for me was working as a team with a staff of 20 people, for the reason that usually you can not continue your work until other member of the team had finished his part. Moreover was usually held up with the long hour "renders", something that requires lots of patience.

Apart from "editing" and "renders" (and I'm not sure what the latter means), the rest appears to be generic waffle. I suggest you rewrite the above and give more specific details.