Spanish
Home Country
Ecuador
Current Location
Ecuador
Here is another report that I did to practice for my further test

Report on English-language film club
Introduction
The main purpose of this report is to consider the characteristics that the future film club should have. In order to get this information, I interviewed 30 students whose main interest are films.

Different genres
According to the interviewees, there should be different genres per week, so everyone would see what they like. Furthermore, as they expect that the club would be in full swing, they thought that the movies should be the latest ones, so they will catch on with youngsters.

Weekly meetings
Most students who I interviewed said that meetings should be carry out every Monday and Friday, in reason that they would have plenty on time to think about the main points of the movie that will be discussed.

Advertisement
It is thought that the weekly newspaper could be the best way to advertise the club, due to the fact that it is compulsory for them to receive a copy every week.

Suggestions
I would therefore recommend setting up this new club as an entertaining way to improve the language. Even though, there could be some disagreements on the genre of the films, there could be a monthly poll about the members’ preferences.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The students' main interest is films. Interest is singular.

"Due to the fact that" requires four more words and three more syllables than the perfectly good word because.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Here is another report that I did to practise for my [STRIKE]further[/STRIKE] test. (What is your question?)

Report on English(-)Language Film Club
Introduction
The main purpose of this report is to [STRIKE]consider[/STRIKE] determine the characteristics that the future film club should have. In order to get this information, I have interviewed 30 students whose main interest [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is films.

Different genres
According to the interviewees, there should be different genres of film to be screened [STRIKE]per [/STRIKE] each week, so everyone would see what they like. Furthermore, as they expect that the club would be in full swing, they thought that the movies should be the latest ones, so they will catch [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] up with youngsters.

Weekly meetings
Most students whom I interviewed said that meetings should be [STRIKE]carry[/STRIKE] carried out every Monday and Friday, [STRIKE]in reason[/STRIKE] so that they would have plenty [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of time to think about the main points of the movie that [STRIKE]will [/STRIKE] would be discussed.

Advertisement
It is thought that the weekly newspaper could be the best way to advertise the club, [STRIKE]due to the fact that [/STRIKE] because/since it is compulsory for them(who?) to receive a copy of the newspaper every week.

Suggestions
I would therefore recommend setting up this new club as an entertaining way to improve [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] one's language. Even though(,) there could be some disagreements on the genre of the films to be screened, there could be a monthly poll [STRIKE]about [/STRIKE] on [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]members’ preferences.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Here is another report that I did to practice for my [STRIKE]further[/STRIKE] test

Report on English-language film club
Introduction
The main purpose of this report is to [STRIKE]consider[/STRIKE] outline the [STRIKE]characteristics[/STRIKE] features that the future film club should have. In order to get this information, I interviewed 30 students whose main interest [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is films.

Different genres
According to the interviewees, there should be different film genres [STRIKE]per[/STRIKE] every week, so everyone [STRIKE]would see[/STRIKE] could watch what they like. Furthermore, as they expect that the club would be active and popular, [STRIKE]in full swing,[/STRIKE] they thought that the movies should be the latest ones being shown. [STRIKE], so they will catch on with youngsters.[/STRIKE]

Weekly meetings
Most students who I interviewed said that meetings should be [STRIKE]carry out[/STRIKE] held every Monday and Friday [STRIKE], in reason that they would have plenty on[/STRIKE] to give them enough time to think about the main points of the movie that will be discussed.

Advertisement
It is thought that the weekly student newspaper [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] would be the best way to advertise the club, due to the fact that [STRIKE]it is compulsory for them to[/STRIKE] every student receives a copy of the newspaper every week.

Suggestions
I would, therefore, recommend [STRIKE]setting up[/STRIKE] supporting this new club as an entertaining way [STRIKE]to improve the[/STRIKE] of promoting English language learning. [STRIKE]Even though,[/STRIKE] Although there [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] might be some disagreements on the genre of the films, [STRIKE]there could be[/STRIKE] a monthly poll could be held to [STRIKE]about the[/STRIKE] ascertain member preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.