Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi Guys!
I am new here and I am studying for TOEFL test.
I will be thankful if a good soul could revise my essay:

Thank you so much =]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Q - People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Studying in an university is an important part of our lives. We spend at least four or five years learning from many subjects and besides acquire knowledge and a professional degree, for most students this mean move to another city, live with flatmates and learn how to be your own. Because of that, I believe that the biggest reasons to attend an university are hold a degree and get new experiences.
First, you dedicate uncountable hours attending classes, studying at home, preparing for exams and unmeasured efforts to get the degree. This diploma gives you the knowledge to be a good professional and receive a good salary. It is clear for anyone that big companies jobs and strategic positions require people with knowledge and good skills. The first place that these companies will search for candidates are students or professionals with a good university background. For example, when I was applying for my first job after finished my bachelor, the final candidates in the process were always from good universities.
Second, most people need to move to a different city to take the classes and, for most of them, it is the first time that they live far from the parents, childhood friends and their hometown. The first feeling could be insecurity because everything is new and different. But after the first months, students make new friends and learn how to make food, plan the day and manage the house tasks. For example, when I moved to learn mechanical engineering, I need to live in a shared house where I shared with other 5 students. These days were the best days of my life, where I learned from people with different lifestyle and points of view and I made good friend for the whole life.
To conclude, I recommend everyone who has the opportunity, start a university. Certainly the studying years will change your mindset and your way to see the world because more than knowledge and a degree, you will learn how to behave in the real world, without your parents help and support.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Are you sure it's TOEFL, not IELTS, that you're preparing for? Australia usually requires IELTS.

gfavaro

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Yes!

I want to avoid IELTS due to face to face Speaking section.
My plan resumes to take TOEFL for diploma validation proposes and after study for PTE test to Skilled migration.

Regards,
Gabriel

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi Guys!
I am new here and I am studying for TOEFL. [STRIKE]test.[/STRIKE]
I will be thankful if a good soul could revise my essay:

Thank you so much.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Q - People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Studying in [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] a university is an important part of [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] many people's lives. [STRIKE]We[/STRIKE] Most spend at least four or five years learning [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] many subjects and [STRIKE]besides[/STRIKE] acquiring knowledge in one or more disciplines. [STRIKE]and a professional degree,[/STRIKE] For [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] many students, this [STRIKE]mean[/STRIKE] entails moving to another city, living with flatmates and learning how to be independent. [STRIKE]your own. Because of that,[/STRIKE] I believe that [STRIKE]the biggest reasons to[/STRIKE] most students attend [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] university [STRIKE]are hold[/STRIKE] to obtain a degree or another formal qualification and to get a new experience in life.

First, gaining a formal qualification is a major motivation for many university students. [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] They dedicate [STRIKE]uncountable[/STRIKE] innumerable hours attending classes, studying at home, and preparing for exams [STRIKE]and unmeasured efforts[/STRIKE] to get the degree. This [STRIKE]diploma gives you the knowledge to be a good[/STRIKE] prepares them to pursue a professional career and receive a good salary. It is clear for anyone that jobs in big companies [STRIKE]jobs[/STRIKE] and strategic positions require people with knowledge and good skills. [STRIKE]The first place that[/STRIKE] These companies will search for candidates who are [STRIKE]students or professionals[/STRIKE] well educated and qualified and with a good university background. For example, when I was applying for my first job after I finished my bachelor's, the final candidates in the selection process were always from good universities.

Second, [STRIKE]most people need to[/STRIKE] many university students move to a different city to [STRIKE]take the classes[/STRIKE] and for many of those, [STRIKE]most of them,[/STRIKE] it is the first time that they live far from their parents, childhood friends and their hometown. The first feeling could be insecurity because everything is new and different for them. But after a while, [STRIKE]the first months,[/STRIKE] students make new friends and learn how to make food on their own, plan the day and manage their lives independently. [STRIKE]house tasks.[/STRIKE] For example, when I moved out of home to [STRIKE]learn[/STRIKE] study for mechanical engineering, I needed to live in a shared house where I shared with five other students. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] Those (days) were the best days of my life, where I learned from people with different lifestyles and points of view, and I made [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] lifelong friends then too. [STRIKE]for the whole life.[/STRIKE]

To conclude, [STRIKE]I recommend everyone who has the opportunity, start a[/STRIKE] many people go to university to get a degree. Moreover, [STRIKE]Certainly[/STRIKE] the experience for many students [STRIKE]studying years[/STRIKE] will change [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] their mindset and [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] their way [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of seeing the world because [STRIKE]more than knowledge and a degree, you[/STRIKE] they [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] learn how to to be independent [STRIKE]behave[/STRIKE] in the real world, without [STRIKE]your parents[/STRIKE] help and support from their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.