Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,
I'd like to ask for grammar check, im not sure if i've used all times and stuff corretly, i'll by very greateful if you could point out all the errors you can find so i can see how i did, thank you very much!

Dear Alice,
Thanks for your email.
Unfortunately, I can't accept your invitation, I'd love to visit you, but my parents won't allow me to travel so far abroad on my own, they're worried that I might get lost.
Me and my family spend easter with our best friend – Satan. We summon him through the forbidden satanic ritual that I can't tell you the details about. After we work out the sacrificies, we all eat dinner at the table.
It would be lovely if you could come to visit me during the Easter instead. I know your parents trust you enough to let you travel abroad by yourself. You could join our feast with Satan, and get to know a little about the afterlife, it will be fun!

Keep in touch
lots of love

XYZ

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,
I'd like to ask [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] you to check my grammar. [STRIKE]check,[/STRIKE] I'm not sure if I've [STRIKE]used all times and stuff[/STRIKE] written everything correctly. [STRIKE]i'll[/STRIKE] I would [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] be very [STRIKE]greateful[/STRIKE] grateful if you could point out all the errors you can find so I can see how I did. Thank you very much!

Dear Alice,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, I can't accept your invitation. I'd love to visit you, but my parents won't allow me to travel so far abroad on my own; they're worried that I might get lost.

[STRIKE]Me and[/STRIKE] My family and I spend Easter with our best friend, Satan. We summon him through [strike]the[/strike] a forbidden Satanic ritual [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] but I can't tell you the details. [STRIKE]about.[/STRIKE] After we [STRIKE]work out[/STRIKE] make the [STRIKE]sacrificies[/STRIKE] ​sacrifices, we all eat dinner at the table.

It would be lovely if you could come to visit me during [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Easter instead. I know your parents trust you enough to let you travel abroad by yourself. You could join our feast with Satan, and get to know a little about the afterlife; it will be fun!

Keep in touch.

Lots of love.

XYZ

See my corrections above. That is one of the more bizarre letters I've corrected on this forum!

Korargol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
How did i manage to make more mistakes in the request than in the exercise :cool: ehh... Anyway, thank you so much for help!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How did I manage to make more mistakes in the request than in the exercise? :cool: [strike]ehh...[/strike] Anyway, thank you so much for your help!

Note my further corrections above.

You probably made more errors in the first part of your post because you were paying more attention to the letter than the rest. It's important to take care with all your written English. Follow these basic rules at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

Status
Not open for further replies.