Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi everyone,

I'm practicing for the TOEFL Test but still feel too far from it. Below is my essay. I would appreciate a lot if any one could check the grammar or give me some advices. Thank you so much.

Some students like to work in groups with other students when doing assignments and projects. Other students prefer to work independently. What are the advantages of each, and which do you prefer?

Some students like to do assignments and projects in groups while there are students who prefer to work alone. In this essay, I will discuss the advantages of both ways of working and indicate the way I prefer.

First, doing assignment and projects independently makes the student work harder, therefore they could achieve more. The student will have to decide by their own on the ideals, the solutions, and what have to be done. There will be a lot of works so that the student also has to learn to manage time. Of course working alone would be hard and overwhelming sometime, but overcame all of this, the student could gain a lot of knowledge and skills from each completed assignment.

Meanwhile, group work helps students to do big assignments and projects more effectively than they can do on their own. It will save a lot of time by sharing the job among members, and everyone could do what they do best. And by working together, they could develop bigger ideas and tackle more complex problems. Also, group work helps the student refine their understanding. Through discussion and explanation, they could listen to other opinions and learn from other perspectives. And last, in doing all of the things above, they could develop important skills such as communication skill and collaboration skill.

I prefer to work in groups with other students because in doing so, I could get a better understanding of lessons and I could work better. I am not good at some subjects like Philosophy or History. However, it’s much easier to understand Philosophy’s complicated concepts or to memorize historical events by discussing with other students in group. Besides, I realized that when discussing and interacting with others, I really get excited and then do the work more creatively and effectively than when I doing assignment alone.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi everyone,

I'm practicing for the TOEFL test, but I still feel not ready for [STRIKE]too far from[/STRIKE] it. Below is my essay. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could check the grammar or give me some advice. Thank you so much.

Some students like to work in groups with other students when doing assignments and projects. Other students prefer to work independently. What are the advantages of each, and which do you prefer?

Some students like to do assignments and projects in groups, while there are [STRIKE]students[/STRIKE] others who prefer to work alone. In this essay, I will discuss the advantages of both [STRIKE]ways of working[/STRIKE] styles of studying. Personally, I prefer to work in a group. [Indicate your position in the introduction.] [STRIKE]and indicate the way I prefer.[/STRIKE]

First, doing assignments and projects independently makes the student work harder. Therefore, they [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can achieve more. The student will have to decide [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] on their own on the ideas, the solutions, and what [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has to be done. Nevertheless, [STRIKE]There[/STRIKE] a student will be faced with a lot of work, [STRIKE]so that the student[/STRIKE] which means they also [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] have to learn to manage their time. Of course, working alone [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] can be hard and overwhelming sometimes; many students struggle to finish assignments and projects on time, and others often feel exhausted and frustrated. [STRIKE]but overcame all of this, the student could gain a lot of knowledge and skills from each completed assignment.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Meanwhile,[/STRIKE] On the other hand, group work helps students to [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] tackle big assignments and projects more effectively than they can [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] on their own. [STRIKE]It will[/STRIKE] They can save a lot of time and effort by sharing the workload among themselves, [STRIKE]job among members,[/STRIKE] and by allocating the tasks appropriately. [STRIKE]everyone could do what they do best.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] In addition, by working together, they could [STRIKE]develop bigger[/STRIKE] come up with more ideas and tackle more complex problems. [STRIKE]Also,[/STRIKE] In fact, group work helps the student refine their understanding. Through discussion and explanation, they could listen to other opinions and learn from other perspectives. [STRIKE]And last, in doing all of the things above, they could[/STRIKE] As a result, students working in groups can develop and improve important skills such as communication skills and collaboration skills.

I prefer to work in groups with other students because in doing so, I [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can get a better understanding of lessons and be more productive. [STRIKE]I could work better.[/STRIKE] I am not good at some subjects like philosophy or history. However, it’s much easier to understand philosophy’s complicated concepts or to memorize historical events by discussing them with other students in groups. Besides, I realized that when discussing subjects and interacting with others, I really [STRIKE]get excited[/STRIKE] feel motivated and then do the work more creatively and effectively than when I [STRIKE]doing assignment[/STRIKE] work alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.