Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
I plan to write an essay arguing that the Chinese government and citizens have not done well to stop the missing children in China. The audiences for my argument are the Chinese government, parents, and Chinese citizens. When they turn on TV or read a newspaper, they usually can hear or watch that in which city a child is a kidnap. Government and citizens are well aware that missing children is a serious issue in China. According to MailOnline “As many as 200,000 boys and girls are kidnapped in China every year and sold openly online, it’s been reported”(MailOnline). This is a large number. Why a lot of children are kidnapped. A video, “Choloroform Kidnapping Social Experiment in China” (HwaiDer), can answer this question. It is an experiment of kidnapping on a street. The feedback I get from this vide is a disappointment. Most of them just walk away, without doing anything. Also, I think the government does not launch any police to stop and punish kidnapper could be another reason. I hope Chinese should well aware this problem and try to do some something because this kind of even may happen to every parent.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Re: Could someone check my grammer

I plan to write an essay arguing that the Chinese government and citizens have not done [STRIKE]well [/STRIKE] enough to stop [STRIKE]the missing[/STRIKE] children from going missing in China. The audiences for my argument are the Chinese government, parents, and Chinese citizens.

When they turn on the TV or read the newspaper, they [STRIKE]usually can hear or watch that in which city[/STRIKE] chances are they would come across news of a child [STRIKE]is a kidnap[/STRIKE] having been kidnapped in some city. The government and citizens are well aware that missing children is a serious issue in China. According to MailOnline “As many as 200,000 boys and girls are kidnapped in China every year and sold openly online[STRIKE] it’s been reported”(MailOnline)[/STRIKE]. This is a large number. Why is that a lot of children are kidnapped? A video, “Choloroform Kidnapping Social Experiment in China” (HwaiDer), can answer this question.[STRIKE] It is an experiment of[/STRIKE] Kidnapping on a street is like an experiment being carried out. [STRIKE]The feedback I get from this video is [/STRIKE] The feedback from a public survey was a disappointment. Most of them showed an indifferent attitude, shying away from the survey. [STRIKE]just walk away, without doing anything. [/STRIKE]Also, I think the government [STRIKE]does not launch any police to stop and punish kidnapper could be another reason[/STRIKE] is not serious enough to take tough measures to stem kidnapping. I hope the Chinese people should [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE] be made aware of this problem and [STRIKE]try to do some something because this kind of even may happen to every parent.[/STRIKE] take urgent actions as the risk of one's child being the next victim is very real.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I plan to write an essay arguing that the Chinese government and citizens have not done [strike]well[/strike] enough to stop [strike]the missing[/strike] children from missing in China.
Tedmc's correction to "... have not done enough to stop children from missing in China" is incorrect. You could say "... have not done enough to stop children from going missing in China".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

Tedmc's correction to "... have not done enough to stop children from missing in China" is incorrect. You could say "... have not done enough to stop children from going missing in China".

Yes, "missing" is an adjective(participle) there, while the gerund "going" is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.