Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Can someone correct my letter, please? I would be very grateful.Thank you in advance!

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to introduce myself as a candidate for the position of Hotel Manager at The Cliff Lodge and Spa Hotel, Snowbird, position which was advertised in the last week's Time newspaper on 10th October.
As mentioned in my curriculum vitae, between 1995-2003 I attended Moon Valley High School in Phoenix where I completed my GCSE and "A" level studies.For the following 4 years, I studied at Princeton University from which I graduated in 2007 with a BSc in Business Studies and Marketing.
I began my career in 2002-2003 at the age of 18-19, when I worked as a waitress in Tenerife for 2 successive summers.This temporary job offered me the opportunity to develop my communication and interpersonal skills , especially when dealing with customers and it also provided me with a basic understanding of the Spanish language.Besides that, I am also a holder of a DELF B1 international certificate.
After graduation, I attended,for 2 years, between 2007 and 2009, a postgraduate course in hotel and catering management at the Oxford Brookes University This course ensured that I obtain an insight into hotelling and provided me with valuable numeracy and logistical planning skills and the ability to balance customer and business priorities.
In 2010 I started working as a receptionist at the Loews Hotels and 2 years later I was promoted to my present position, assistant hotel manager.My current job includes responsibilities such as Control of all costs and stock, maintaining high standards of health safety, hygiene, customer service , dealing with contractors and suppliers.etc
I consider myself to be an ideal candidate for the position you have outlined, as I have plenty of experience in the hotelling domain, the ability to think clearly and make quick decisions; energy and patience;and also I am willing to relocate if necessary.
In addition to this letter, I have also attached my CV which will give you a more comprehensive idea of my competencies, education, and work experience.I hope you will consider my application and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours faithfully
……

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of Hotel Manager at The Cliff Lodge and Spa Hotel, Snowbird, which was advertised in last week's Times newspaper on 10 October.

From 1995 to 2003, I attended Moon Valley High School in Phoenix where I completed my GCSE and "A" level studies. For the following 4 years, I studied at Princeton University, and in 2007, I graduated with a BSc in Business Studies and Marketing.

At the age of 18, I had my first job as a waitress in Tenerife, and I did that for 2 successive summers. That temporary job offered me the opportunity to develop my communication and interpersonal skills, especially in dealing with customers, and it also provided me with a basic understanding of the Spanish language. Besides, I also hold a DELF B1 international certificate.

Between 2007 and 2009, I attended a postgraduate course in hotel and catering management at Oxford Brookes University, from which I obtained an insight into the hotel industry, and valuable numeracy and planning skills as well as the ability to balance customer and business priorities.

In 2010, I started working as a receptionist at Loews Hotels, and 2 years later, I was promoted to my present position of assistant hotel manager. My current job includes responsibilities such as control of expenditure and stock, maintaining high standards of health, safety, hygiene, and customer service, as well as dealing with contractors and suppliers.

I consider myself to be an ideal candidate for this position as I have proven experience in the hotel industry, the ability to think clearly and make prompt and informed decisions and the energy and patience to address unforeseen challenges. I wish to add that I am willing to relocate if necessary.

I have attached my CV which will give you a more comprehensive idea of my competencies, education, and work experience.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Alexandra Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.