Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Can someone correct my letter, please? I think I have a problem in using tenses so any criticism will be welcomed.Thank you in advance!
Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to apply for the English Intuitive Course for foreign students offered by The Sussex Downs College as currently advertised on their official site.
I am a 22-year-old Dutch citizen and I have been studying English since the age of 8 at the International School Almere. I am also a holder of the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English,which I passed the with a B grade, 2 years ago. After finishing high school I have been teaching English to children aged between 11 and 14 years.In 2012 I graduated from the University of Amsterdam with a degree in foreign languages and a year late I started working as a translator.
The reason why I am very interested in this English course is that I am currently seeking better employment.It seems to me that my English level has scarcely improved during the last 3 years, and this has become an impediment to advancing my career prospects .I have always encountered difficulties in phrasal verbs, tenses and writing tasks but I am convinced that this course will help me overcome them as your college is said to have an extremely good reputation in the field of languages.I have also heard that the course implies a lot of one-on-one interaction between students, a fact which I find very valuable in the process of learning English.
A further reason for choosing this particular college is the fact that I intend to move in Brighton in the near future and an eight –week intensive course at The Sussex Down college would provide me with a valuable insight into the places and the culture of South England, therefore I would be able to adapt more effortlessly.
I would be very grateful if you consider my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.
Your faithfully
….

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the English Intuitive Course for foreign students offered by the Sussex Downs College as currently advertised on the official site.

I am a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, and I have been studying English since the age of 8 at the International School Almere. I also hold the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, which I passed with a B grade, 2 years ago.

Since I finished high school, I have been teaching English to children aged between 11 and 14. In 2012, I graduated from the University of Amsterdam with a degree in foreign languages and a year later, I started working as a translator.

The reason why I am very interested in this English course is that I believe it would improve my career prospects. It seems to me that my English level has scarcely improved during the last 3 years, and this concerns me. I have always encountered difficulties with phrasal verbs, tenses and writing tasks, but I am convinced that this course will help me overcome those problems as your college has an extremely good reputation in the field of languages. I have also heard that the course involves a lot of one-on-one interaction between students, which I find very useful in the process of learning English.

A further reason for choosing this particular college is the fact that I intend to move to Brighton in the near future and an eight-week intensive course at The Sussex Down college would provide me with a valuable insight into the places and the culture of southern England.

I would be very grateful if you consider my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

Your faithfully,

Alexandra Jones.

You seem to be applying for a few things at the same time. ;-)
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/243134-Letter-of-Application(job)

Alexandra.7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Thank you :) Yes, I do:lol:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you. [strike]:)[/strike] Yes, I do. :lol:

See above. Remember to end every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark. An emoticon/smiley does not count.

Status
Not open for further replies.