how do i fix this sentence

How do i fix this sentence?
    because it seem like the place where is said with a rapport-talk doesnt really work. can i say rapport style? but what is the adj form for rapport?
    ============================================
    People should deliver their speeches with a rapport-talk because it is a way of showing respect to your audience by catching their attention.

And this sentence. Is these sentences grammatically correct.
    ================================================== =================
    Women also consider that challenging others’ expertise is perceived as showing off.

Humble communication is good because humble simply means remained respectful of the other person.

The language of women is mostly rapport-talk, a language used to establish emotional relationships and making connections in a private setting.
    Last edited by bbmak; 03-Jul-2006 at 09:47.

Re: how do i fix this sentence

Quote Originally Posted by bbmak View Post
    because it seem like the place where is said with a rapport-talk doesnt really work. can i say rapport style? but what is the adj form for rapport?
    People should deliver their speeches with a rapport-talk because it is a way of showing respect to your audience by catching their attention.

Women also consider that challenging others’ expertise is perceived as showing off.

Humble communication is good because humble simply means remained respectful of the other person.

The language of women is mostly rapport-talk, a language used to establish emotional relationships and making connections in a private setting.
    Hi,

here is the answer to your doubt.

Rapport -talk is a psychological method. it means, communication that build, maintain, and strengthen relationships. Rapport talk reflects skills of talking, nurturing, emotional expression, empathy, and support.

it is used as a noun, in fact a compound noun. rapport doesn't have an adjective form since it is a quality or characteristic.it is absolutely perfect to use rapport -talk in the sentences you have specified, like:

Change it in this line:
    Humble communication is good because humble simply means to remain respectful of the other person.

Re: how do i fix this sentence

Quote Originally Posted by bbmak View Post
    The problem here is that 'rapport-talk' is not a compound word that is universally recognised in English. It can be used, but only in a context where its meaning is explained, either earlier in the passage or immediately. This is what you do in the 'language of women...' sentence, and that sentence is perfectly OK.

I cannot agree with the previous poster that 'with a rapport-talk' is acceptable. It is not - though understandable, it sounds extremely odd and foreign. It would never be said by a native speaker under any circumstances.

There is no suitable adjective for 'rapport' (a French loan-word) in English. You can only correct this sentence by re-phrasing. I would say:

"Speech-makers should establish a rapport with their audience by adopting their speaking style. This both shows respect and catches their attention."

As for your other example sentences:

"Humble communication is good because BEING humble simply means remainING respectful of the other person."