[Essay] Are these sentences run-on or have any comma splices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack9902

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
1) Psychological theories differ from other criminological theories in the sense that they address crime at a micro-level, focusing on individual differences leading people to engage in criminal behaviour.

2) Personality trait theories focus on criminal behaviour as a method of externalizing an individual’s internal pathology (Moore, 2011). They look at certain traits and coping mechanisms within an individual that are believed to lead to delinquent or criminal behaviour.

3) The key point made throughout the article is that law enforcement agents must have the necessary personality traits to allow them to handle situations involving high emotionality and high stress.

4) To examine this further, one must take a step back and look at psychological theories of crime and delinquency as a whole.

5) The goal of these theories is to identify common characteristics of offenders, allowing interventions to be guided by a framework

I'm writing a paper. A peer pointed some out but not all of them such as these he just highlighted them. I wanted to get a second opinion. I assume he highlighted them for run-ons and whatnot but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The last sentence is missing a period (full stop). That's the only problem I see.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I agree with Tarheel.

However, the sentence beginning 'A peer' needs some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.