Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

    • Join Date: Oct 2016
    • Posts: 1

    "Distort photo" vs "warp photo" vs "deform photo"

    I need to name the main feature of my application. With this app you are changing
    the shape of an image. If you will search for "warp face", "distort photo"
    in Google Images you will find out what this feature does. But it isn't that much crazy :)

    I want to choose between "distort photo" vs "warp photo" vs "deform photo".
    My favorite one is "distort photo". But would it be understandably for ordinary English speaker?
    Isn't it to much technical word? Does it really mean what it should? If you would search
    for this kind of app, would you use this words? Maybe will you use another phrase.

    I have made some big mistakes in the past, by choosing wrong words, that really
    mean something different. I need your help.

    I hope this is the right place for asking that kind of question

  2. Moderator
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Dec 2015
    • Posts: 20,135

    Re: "Distort photo" vs "warp photo" vs "deform photo"

    Distort​ is fine.
    I am not a teacher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts