• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Letter Writing - Gate Pass for concrete sample

Could you please check my draft letter? I am from Sub contractor employee. I am writing this letter to my Main Contractor.

As per PID Inspector instruction, we are taking sample inside site of the Plant. Now the Security (Gate 10&11) informed us that need a gate pass for all outgoing samples. concrete samples are exceptional case from the gate pass requirements since it has to be cured within 8 hours from the time of sampling. The Initial curing of the cylinder sample is vital for 3 days and 7 days compressive strength. The Gate pass is long procedure particularly it is hard to get in the week end (Friday & Saturday).

In order to avoid this, we propose to take sampling of cylinders outside the gate as per the test frequency, but we can do the Slump/Temperature for other concrete trucks inside site.

Kindly take this matter to PID head and advise us. If gate pass required, we need the gate pass next day before 8:00am.

Note: PID - Project Inspection Division(Inspection Division - Saudi Aramco)
    "In sandy soil, when deep you delve, you reach the springs below; The more you learn, the freer streams of wisdom flow." - Thiruvalluvar

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Letter Writing - Gate Pass for concrete sample

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar Nadimuthu View Post
    Could you please check my draft letter? I am from work for a subcontractor, employee. and I am writing this letter to my the main contractor.

As per PID Inspector instructions, we are need to take ing samples inside on site of inside the Plant. Now However, the security staff at Gates 10 and 11 have informed us that we need a gate pass for all outgoing samples, but concrete samples are exceptional case exempted from the gate pass requirement since it has they have to be cured within 8 hours from of the time of sampling. The Initial curing of the cylinder sample is vital for 3-day and 7-day compressive strength. Obtaining the gate pass is a long procedure, and is particularly it is hard to get in for the weekend (Friday & Saturday).

In order to avoid this, we propose to take sampling of cylinder samples outside the gate as per the test frequency, but we can do the slump/temperature for other concrete trucks inside site.

Kindly take this matter to PID head and advise us accordingly. If a gate pass required, we need the gate pass next day before 8:00am.
    I don't understand the highlighted text.