Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Could you please check my draft letter? I am from Sub contractor employee. I am writing this letter to my Main Contractor.

As per PID Inspector instruction, we are taking sample inside site of the Plant. Now the Security (Gate 10&11) informed us that need a gate pass for all outgoing samples. concrete samples are exceptional case from the gate pass requirements since it has to be cured within 8 hours from the time of sampling. The Initial curing of the cylinder sample is vital for 3 days and 7 days compressive strength. The Gate pass is long procedure particularly it is hard to get in the week end (Friday & Saturday).

In order to avoid this, we propose to take sampling of cylinders outside the gate as per the test frequency, but we can do the Slump/Temperature for other concrete trucks inside site.

Kindly take this matter to PID head and advise us. If gate pass required, we need the gate pass next day before 8:00am.

Note: PID - Project Inspection Division(Inspection Division - Saudi Aramco)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Could you please check my draft letter? I am [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] work for a subcontractor, [STRIKE]employee.[/STRIKE] and I am writing this letter to [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the main contractor.

As per PID Inspector instructions, we [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] need to take [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] samples [STRIKE]inside[/STRIKE] on site [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] inside the Plant. [STRIKE]Now[/STRIKE] However, the security staff at Gates 10 and 11 have informed us that we need a gate pass for all outgoing samples, but concrete samples are [STRIKE]exceptional case[/STRIKE] exempted from the gate pass requirement since [STRIKE]it has[/STRIKE] they have to be cured within 8 hours [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] of the time of sampling. The Initial curing of the cylinder sample is vital for 3-day and 7-day compressive strength. Obtaining the gate pass is a long procedure, and is particularly [STRIKE]it is[/STRIKE] hard to get [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] for the weekend (Friday & Saturday).

In order to avoid this, we propose to take [STRIKE]sampling of[/STRIKE] cylinder samples outside the gate as per the test frequency, but we can do the slump/temperature for other concrete trucks inside site.

Kindly take this matter to PID head and advise us accordingly. If a gate pass required, we need the gate pass next day before 8:00am.
I don't understand the highlighted text.

Status
Not open for further replies.