Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following paragraphs grammatically correct? Thanks,

Kevin was wearing his wooden amulet, red shirt, blue shorts, socks and sandals. He was painting a rusty street fire hydrant, on a busy street, that was near a local who offered that sold burgers, fries and drinks.

After Kevin spilled paint unconsciously and this formed a strange figure, a new memory appears spontaneous triggered by his mind, taking him to the time when he was eight years old.

-“Stop playing, we are in class!!”, said teacher Simonsen.
-“Sorry professor Simonsen…”, Kevin said.

Kevin tried to continuing painting, taking the brush and spreading it into the paint. But another memory appeared from his mind, taking him this time, to period when he was sixteen.
He was in his house, talking with his friend Mark about life, loves and projects of life.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
that was near a local who offered that sold burgers, fries and drinks.

a new memory appears spontaneous triggered by his mind,

spreading it into the paint.
I don't understand the above.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar:

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I will try to explain what I tried to write:

that was near a local who offered that burgers, fries and drinks.
It was my mistake. I am trying to say that Kevin is painting the street fire hydrant near to a place who offers burguers, fries and drinks.

a new memory appears spontaneous triggered by his mind,
Kevin is a nostalgic man, and he was taking pills to anxiety. When he drink alcohol, he begins to have "visions" and memories from the past, like if he is seeing a movie of his own life.

spreading it into the paint.

He takes the brush, and spread the brush into the excess of paint (because he spilled it)

Thanks!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Kevin was wearing his wooden amulet, red shirt, blue shorts, socks and sandals. He was painting a rusty street fire hydrant, on a busy street, that was near a local who [STRIKE]offered that[/STRIKE] sold burgers, fries and drinks.

After Kevin spilled paint unconsciously, and this formed a strange figure on the ground, another [STRIKE]new[/STRIKE] memory [STRIKE]appears[/STRIKE] is spontaneously triggered [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] in his mind, taking him to the time when he was eight years old.

-“Stop playing; we are in class!!”, said teacher Simonsen.
-“Sorry Professor Simonsen…”, Kevin said.

Kevin tried to continue [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] painting, taking the brush and spreading it into the paint. But another memory came, [STRIKE]appeared from his mind,[/STRIKE] taking him this time to [STRIKE]period[/STRIKE] the time when he was sixteen.
He was in his house, talking with his friend Mark about life, love and projects of life.

I don't understand the text highlighted in blue.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar: Once again, thanks for your help

I tried to write that Kevin take the paintbrush and spread the dot of excess of paint in the street fire hydrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.