[Application] Please help me edit my application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anson12

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What are you applying for?

Anson12

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is for a university application

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Outside of school, I am passionate about helping others. I dedicate my time as a first-aid ski-patrol volunteer at my local mountain resort. This has not only [STRIKE]taught[/STRIKE] brought me [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] satisfaction from helping others, but it has also taught me about the importance of responsibility. Whenever I am called to attend an incident, [STRIKE]the hours of training kicks in and[/STRIKE] I feel [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] under [STRIKE]pressure[/STRIKE] obligation to [STRIKE]perform the correct protocols and techniques for[/STRIKE] do my best to help the injured person. [STRIKE]patient.[/STRIKE] I endeavour to always follow the correct procedures and protocols in carrying out my duty. I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] feel responsible for all my actions and their potential consequences, which occasionally leaves me feeling [STRIKE]an abnormal amount of[/STRIKE] under considerable stress. I have learned to overcome this by regularly reviewing my first-aid protocols and [STRIKE]speaking to[/STRIKE] asking the more experienced patrollers for their advice. The intensive and dangerous nature of this job has taught me to perform under pressure and [STRIKE]being responsible for my actions, from admitting my own mistakes to being[/STRIKE] be reliable and dependable. [STRIKE]Nonetheless,[/STRIKE] My ultimate goal is to provide guests with a safe and enjoyable environment and witness [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] their satisfaction. [STRIKE]gratitude from the guests after I help them,[/STRIKE] That always provides me with a great sense of fulfillment.

Anson12

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Thank you so much for taking your time and helping me. I have edited the first one again and added a second paragraph. Would you please look over both of them once again and tell me any changes I should make?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please don't edit posts after you've received responses. It makes a nonsense of some replies. If you want to incorporate suggested changes, you need to rewrite the text in a new response.

Status
Not open for further replies.