Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to apply for admission into the Master of XXXX program at the XXXX University. I have always been interested in the concentration of natural product, since my bachelor I attended pharmacy concentration in natural product in my Universitas Gadjah Mada, evidenced by doing a lot of research in that field, becoming laboratory assistant, an taking a speaker in outreach program of my campus, educating villagers in East Borneo on how to plant and use herbs medicine for family, and taking a part as a participant in international seminar held in Yogyakarta. that research in herbal medicine which I believe is what drives advances in the medical domain and, ultimately, enhances many people’s quality of life. My home country needs new ideas and mostly young medical professionals, and I want to be one of them. Thus, I would like to prepare for my career by obtaining a master degree. I have chosen to apply for the XXXX University because I really like its system of study of the outstanding and advanced teaching methods and the college's reputation as a leader in herbal medicine and how to standardize it. See it as a chance to enrich my knowledge and professionally outgrowth thereby contribute to the development of the humanity.

Indonesia is a big country with many kind of natural resources, including herbal medicine. For a long time ago, people have been used many kind of herbs to maintain their health or curing disease, as we all known as “Jamu”. Unfortunately, people intend to leave this herbal medicine culture with the great development of conventional and modern medicine. But actually the case is, herbal medicine tend to have less side effects and can be used for a long term without worrying long-term effect. The utilization of Jamu is still very limited and hasn’t been scientific. In this case, Indonesia can learn from the developed country, such as Germany, Korean, and China, which make their herbal medicine scientific and use it in their daily life as a complementary therapy, together with conventional medicine. Studies show that the growth, utilization, and knowledge of Indonesian people of herbal medicine is still limited. Even so, with my experience in outreach program and volunteer activity, they have enthusiasm to learn about herbal medicine and want to use it in their daily life if they know the use. The problem is the limitation of human resources who can educate them and understand well about how to treat herbal medicine from crude until becoming a product. Knowing this problem, as a young generation, I realize that I also have responsibility to solve my country’s problem. By first pursuing a master degree in that field of natural product, I can improve my qualification, accelerate my leadership skills and adaptable skills so that I am ready to contribute and make some change in my community as I finish my study.

If I'm fortunate enough to be accepted into your program, I will work hard to achieve my goals and aspirations. I want to research about liver protector in my thesis. Taking research in herbal as a liver protector will be essential for me to prepare myself in helping my community solving. Nowadays, people tend to get degenerative disease such as diabetes, hypertension, and antihyperlipidemic. These diseases require them to consume medicine for a long time, which usually has effect on their liver. By this research, I want to reduce the worry of people to consume conventional medicine in a long term. But, the problem is that the variation of active chemical compounds planting in different area. So, we can’t just estimate the amount of chemical compound simply just by the amount of crude material. This method can be solved by metabolomics study, by profiling the component of active chemical compound.

In conclusion, I believe the best place to learn about natural product and how to standardize it is in XXX university. I would like to say that I am eager to gain new professional experience and in my view, this XXX program is the best way to achieve that. I understand that studying abroad is going to be the most challenging step in my life so far, but I also believe I can withstand deal with any problems challenge I will may face and make the most of the knowledge and experience gained through this study program. I hope will do my best to contribute my talents and efforts positively to your university and to become a worthy member of the team.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and time,

Yours faithfully,

XXX

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First paragraph. First sentence. Say:

I am writing this letter to apply for admission to the Master of XXXX Program at XXXX University.

:up:

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
First paragraph. First sentence. Say:

I am writing this letter to apply for admission to the Master of XXXX Program at XXXX University.

:up:

So the rest is okay?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Be patient. Tarheel tends to make corrections one sentence at a time. I'm certain there will be more responses from him.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, I'll try. (This one is really long, so it may take a while.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please rewrite that really long sentence as three or four shorter sentences.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean by "the concentration of natural product"? Medicinal herbs?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
By "since my bachelor" do you mean since you earned your bachelor's degree?

What do you mean by "pharmacy concentration in natural product"?

(i had a post that disappeared which I am going to have to replace with three or four shorter ones.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

I took _______ at ________ ____________.

And:

I did considerable research in the field of _____.

And:

I worked as a lab assistant for _____.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't know what you mean by "taking a speaker". Did you give talks to the villagers?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Remember:

medicinal herbs

And:

for their families

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You need to rewrite the next sentence. What do you want to say?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The next sentence is actually not a sentence. Perhaps:

Medicinal herbs have been used for centuries, and that is because they work.

And:

I want to do the research on medicinal herbs that will help us understand them better and make them more available in modern medical practice.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

My home country needs new ideas and it needs young medical professionals, and I want to be one of them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Traditional Medicine and Modern Medicine -- a Partnership

The current title does not help me remember this thread.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Be patient. Tarheel tends to make corrections one sentence at a time. I'm certain there will be more responses from him.

Yes okay :up:

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
By "since my bachelor" do you mean since you earned your bachelor's degree?

What do you mean by "pharmacy concentration in natural product"?

(i had a post that disappeared which I am going to have to replace with three or four shorter ones.)

No, I mean during my bachelor study, is the grammar's right?

Well, it's like a specialization in herbal medicine

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I don't know what you mean by "taking a speaker". Did you give talks to the villagers?

like becoming a speaker? I gave presentation to the villagers at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.