Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Austria
Dear teachers,
I am a Chinese. I just come to Australia and can not communicate with local very well. So I decide to practice English. I have written a short dialogue. Can you help me correct it ?

Ask my deskmate about his day:
A: Hi, Lina. How's your weekend? Did you go to some special places or ate some delicious food?
B:Yes. I went to the 1000 steps track, which is in the southwest of Dandenong Ranges National Park.
A:Oh, there are many trees, aren't there?
B:Yes, the trees are tall, but the mountains aren't high. I think the height is good for climbing. The air above the hill is very fresh. Maybe you will like it.
A:I think so, and I decide to climb the 1000 steps track in a few days.
B:You won't be disappointed.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Ask my deskmate about his day: 'her'. Lina sounds female.
A: Hi, Lina. How was your weekend? Did you go to some special places [STRIKE]or ate some delicious food?[/STRIKE] We don't ask that unless some restaurant has been mentioned."Did you do anything special?" is common.
B:Yes. I went to the 1000 steps track, which is in the southwest of Dandenong Ranges National Park.
A:Oh, there are many trees, aren't there? Awkward, but possible.
B:Yes, the trees are tall, but the mountains aren't high. I think the height is good for climbing. The air above the hill is very fresh. Maybe you would like it.
A:I think so, and I will decide to climb the 1000 steps track in a few days.
B:You won't be disappointed.
This is not entirely natural, but it should get you by for now (it should be suitable until you learn more).

dandandewo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Austria
This is not entirely natural, but it should get you by for now (it should be suitable until you learn more).
Thanks for your advice. I like the comments,and it's help for me.:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.