Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello, hope everyone's doing good. I wanted help with learning the correct use of the structure given in the title thread. It would do if someone here could please tell me which of the two/or both sentences given below is/are correct.

1. The benefits of exercise range from losing weight to gaining physical strength and keeping fit to looking smart and healthy.

2. The benefits of exercise range from losing weight to gaining physical strength and from keeping fit to looking smart and healthy.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum.

[STRIKE]Hello, hope everyone's doing good. I wanted help with learning the correct use of the structure given in the title thread.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Just go ahead and ask your question.

[STRIKE]It would do if someone here could[/STRIKE] Please tell me which of the two [STRIKE]/or both[/STRIKE] sentences given below is/are correct.

1. The benefits of exercise range from losing weight to gaining physical strength and keeping fit to looking smart and healthy.

2. The benefits of exercise range from losing weight to gaining physical strength and from keeping fit to looking smart and healthy.
For the sake of clarity, the additional 'from' in #2 is essential.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Should you wish to use your original opening sentence somewhere else (not on this forum), note that it should be "Hello. I hope everyone's doing well".

Tony Phillips

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Croatia
Is it just me or does this type of sentence not work?
"The benefits of exercise include A, B, C & D" seems a far more fluent version of saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.