Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hello,

I am writing a Letter of Inquiry to several companies to ask some fundings and grants for a craft training program. Please check if there any grammatical error. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Aisyah.

To Whom It May Concern,

Hello, I am Aisyah. I am writing on behalf of [My organization name], a non-profit education institution of special needs children education, to inquire whether the [company name], would kindly approve a proposal from the [My organization name]. We are requesting a donation of $247.46 to support our Recycle-crafting Training Program for young special needs. This donation would provide part of the funds needed for us to train at least 15 students of our institution in district xxx, Indonesia, in the creativity skills they need in order to create their own opportunities in the future.

Raised in March 28, 2013, we have been there to welcomed special needs children who have not yet accepted in any form of formal education. Character-based education atmosphere tend to be more free-spirited for special needs children, to give them chance. What kind of chance that we meant?
It’s the chance to be more creative. Rather than to ‘judge a fish by its ability to climb’ in many form of ways, we spend our time with our special needs children to discover what their true beauty is.
Some people cannot afford any single thing but creative mind. We should not judge children based on their academic report card either. They may have red marks on it, but who knows If they surprisingly have hidden creative talent that unfortunately not discovered earlier?
Hence, that 's why we try to find out what our students are really into, that may buried deep inside of their soul. Covered and hidden, underneath their imperfections.
We have bulid commitment for understanding what are special needs truly need in order to bulid their future. However, many government or non-goverment education has not enough sources to fulfill what are they need. There are may be some institution with excellent education services and provide special facillities. But in the other hand, they demand high tuition fees, that some parents cannot square off. Then, unfortunately, their childern cannot reach their education rights that must be obtained by them.
Our main purpose is To offer best education system for the best future of special needs children with affordable tuitions. Moreover, our missions are:
  1. To take part to contribute our best effort to provide Information, Education, and Consultation, through our very own yet unique curriculum
  2. Provide character- based education environment that build dignified special needs individuals.
  3. Provide ‘Life Skills Education’ that focused on talent and skills building in order to survive career challenges and competition.

Our program apparently is a combined yet well-settled and well modificated between many previous curriculum. The “Life Skills Education” curriculum is customized, as following each of our student’s uniqueness.
We currently running our program, such as :

1. “Program Mandiri” and “Program Akademik Dasar”
We sharpen our special needs skills in daily-based life skills and basic knowledge.
It is true that those skills are important to master as soon as possible. However,
special needs are tend to be a a bit sluggish as they take more time than average
people takes.

2. “Program Lanjutan” (Advanced Program/Preparation
Program)
The program has designed for special needs who has been completed the previous
program (“Program Mandiri” and/or “Program Akademik Dasar”) to takes them
into formal education institutions.

3. “Program Pengembangan Minat Dan Bakat”
The program has been designed to build and sharpen our student’s special talents
and abilities, regardless of what are their current condition they may in.

I explain about what we are going to do in this future project. Basically, our goal is to enrich our students mind and visions through creative ideas and realize it by turn it out into creative works. Emphasis of training special needs children is they are going to need a lot of materials, because they prefer to stimulus information around them based on what they are doing and practicing. Studying theories by sitting inside of the classroom are not really work for them. Previously, we participated in numerous festival, events, bazaar, etc. We once held an open training for children in general. All of our craft products are also available to purchase by order on website (our website is available in Bahasa Indonesia only). The sales results will eventually be added to our funding account for facilitate, giving grants, and discounting tuition fees of our student who come from lower income families.Within this inquiry, I provide the detail of overall estimated budget (attached in the email), how we going to spend it, etc. so you can see how we would hold responsible of the donation. As an independent institution, majority of fund sources come from founder’s assets. Therefore, your help and support is highly appreciated. We accept donation either in the form of funds or supplies that worth our total amount of request.

For further information, please feel free to send me questions via email to xxx@domain.com, or call me at +62xxxxxxx (mobile). I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours sincerely,

Aisyah
Deputy of Public Relations

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Try to address your email/letter to an actual person. Do not use "To whom it may concern." Do your homework and find out the name of a suitable person who you can send this to. If you can't, then just use "Dear Sir/Madam" and in that case, change "Yours sincerely" to "Yours faithfully" at the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing on behalf of [My organization name], a non-profit educational institution for special-needs children, to inquire whether [company name] would kindly approve a proposal from the [My organization name]. We are requesting a donation of $247.46 to support our Recycle-crafting Training Program for young special-needs people. This donation would provide part of the funds needed for us to train at least 15 students in our institution in the XXX district, Indonesia, and equip them with skills to create their own opportunities in the future.

Established in March 2013, we have been welcoming special-needs children who have not otherwise been accepted in any other formal education institution. Character-based education tends to be more free-spirited for special-needs children, and more effective in giving them a chance.
What kind of chance do we mean? It’s the chance to be more creative. We spend time with our special-needs children to discover their true individual talent. We do not evaluate children based on their academic report card. Some children may not perform well academically, but believe all children have hidden creative talents that, unfortunately, are not always discovered or explored.

We are committed to understanding the individual needs of our children in order to help build their future. However, many government and non-government educational organizations do not adequate resources to do that. Some institutions may have excellent education services and provide special facilities, but they often demand high fees, which many parents cannot afford. Our objective is to offer high-quality education at an affordable cost. Our mission is to:

- Endeavour to provide information, education, and consultation, through our very own yet unique curriculum.
- Provide a character-based, dignified education environment to educate special-needs individuals.
- Provide life-skills education, focused on talent and skills building in order to help individuals survive career challenges and competition.

Our program is a comprehensive, yet traditional, and highly tailored to the individual needs of the children.

We currently run programs such as:

1. “Program Mandiri” and “Program Akademik Dasar”
These sharpen children's skills in daily-based life-skills training and basic knowledge.
Those skills are important to master as soon as possible. However, special-needs children tend to need more time than other children to learn those.

2. “Program Lanjutan” (Advanced Program/Preparation Program)
This program is designed for those who have completed the previous program (“Program Mandiri” and/or “Program Akademik Dasar”) and enables children to enter formal education institutions.

3. “Program Pengembangan Minat Dan Bakat”

This program has been designed to foster and sharpen our students' special talents and abilities, regardless of their background.

Our goal is to enrich our students' minds and visions through creative ideas and work. The training of special-needs children requires a lot of materials, because they often respond better to visual and other physical stimuli. We have participated in numerous festivals and cultural events to raise badly needed funds for our school. We once held an open training for children in general. All of our craft products are also available to purchase by order on our website (our website is available in Bahasa Indonesia only). The funds we raise help facilitate our programs, and allow us to lower our tuition fees to the students who often come from lower-income families.

I've attached with this email a summary of our overall estimated budget and expenditure plan for your information. As an independent institution, the majority of our funds come from our founders' assets. Therefore, your help and support is crucial and would be highly appreciated. We accept donation either in the form of funds or supplies to the value of the same amount.

For further information, please feel free to send me questions via email at abcdef, or call me at +62xxxxxxx (mobile).

I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Aisyah Widodo
Deputy of Public Relations

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.