Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I want to share the last version which I made using post #7 by Eckaslike. If you are learning English and struggling to understand native speakers you can use these notes.

Speakout Elementary Video Podcast Unit 8 Now

I love films. I love going to the cinema. I go at least once a week. How about you? How often do you go to the cinema?
- On average probably once a month.
- I like going to the cinema a lot but I probably only get there about once a month.
- Not very often but I do go occassionally.
- I get the cinema probably once or twice a month.
- I go to the cinema about once a week during the summertime usually when there are the best movies.
- We probably go together maybe onсe a fortnight.
- I go normally probably once every month, two months but it depends on the film.
-I go to the cinema about once a fortnight. Often I go on Wednesday because we get ‘buy one get one free’ cinema tickets, so I can take a friend with me.

I went to the cinema last night and saw a film called “The Proposal”. It was great. How about you? What was the last film you saw?
- The last one I saw was “Bruno” with Sacha Baron Cohen.
- The last film I saw was a series “Star Trek”, the most recent “Star Trek”, I mean “Star Trek 5”.
- We went to “Slumdog Millionare”. We enjoyed that a great deal. We’ve been to India a couple of times. We do a bit of travelling and we thought it was very realistic and brought back memories of India.
- The last film was a James Bond film “Quantum of Solace”. It wasn’t as good as the first version that this film was a sequel to, but it was still very good.
- The last film I saw was a film called “The Departed”. It was directed by Martin Scorcese and the acting which is absolutely fantastic you know.

What kinds of films do you like?
- I always like romantic comedies. “Slumdog Millionare” was a great movie. “Australia” was a movie I saw recently which was really good.
- I’d probably recommend the new “Terminator” movie. It’s once again full of action. Very exciting.
- I like old films. And I’ve a complete collection of John Wayne and Charlton Heston, and musicals. Anything that’s quite happy or adventurous that takes me away from real life. Those are the ones to watch.
- I saw “The Proposal” not long ago and I really liked it. It’s really interesting funny romantic comedy.
- “Sweeney Todd” I really enjoyed with Johnny Depp simply because he was fantastic and Helen Bonham Carter, one of my favourite actresses, was also very good.
-I’d recommend “The Graduate”. I enjoyed that as a young man and growing up as well, and maybe it’s coming of age film.
-My favourite film is “Goldeneye”. It’s a James Bond film and I think the action scenes are just absolutely fantastic in it.

Who is your favourite actor?
-John Wayne is my favourite actor.
- My favourite actor is the new James Bond, Daniel Craig. I think he’s very good at showing emotions in his films. My favourite actress is called Angelina Jolie. She’s very beautiful but she also played lots of different roles in films.
- My favourite actor is Johnny Depp because I think he’s funny. I think he’s lively and he always has energy on the stage.
- My favourite actor is Brad Pitt. He’s very good-looking and can play many different roles and he’s very talented. My favourite film star is Robert De Niro because I look like him.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The formating is better.

Title:

Slumdog Millionaire

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

If you are learning English and struggling to understand native speakers....

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I go to the cinema probably once or twice a month.

(You got the next one right.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

The last film I saw was a Star Trek movie.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

It was directed by Martin Scorcese, and the acting was absolutely fantastic.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

I have a complete collection of John Wayne and Charlton Heston movies on DVD.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I really enjoyed "Sweeny Todd" with Johnny Depp, because he was simply fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.