Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello everybody,
i'm writing my cover letter for an enterprise but i'm having some trouble with language.
I'm looking for suggestions related both to contents and to grammar.
It's important ;-).
Thanks you :)

Here it is:

"To whom it may concern,

My name is XXX XXX. I am 26 and I come from a small island in Italy.
I'm a curious student who love science in all its parts and that after a bachelor degree in Computer Science, where I got a strong background in programming, math and physic, I started, by chance, to explore the fascinating field of Physical Optics and photonics, from which I have been captured.

This led me to investigate more thoroughly this subjects and that is what I have been doing for the last 2 years.
Those studies have been taken at XXX XXX XXXtogether with the National Laboratory of photonics networks ( CNIT ) in which I had the possibility to mature experience with optical instruments and laboratory.
In the above context I am taking a Master Course named “Computer Science and Networking” in which together with courses regarding models of computations, high performance computing and parallel programming, I decided to choose the specialization in optical telecommunications and photonic technologies.

During those studies, the passion for those topics did not vanish and instead it has grown, leading me to get involved in a number of related projects.
One of those has been carried out in collaboration with the photonic research centre of Gand, in Belgium.

In this project a code to simulate the interaction among electromagnetic fields and photorefractive crystals were implemented in Python and my goal was to analyse such simulator in order to find possible optimization and to improve the overall performance of the code, other than testing the results on a set of supercomputer both from University of Pisa and from Ghent.

In the meanwhile, as a Master thesis, I am working at XXX institute on the field of Optical communication theory, and in particular on the analysis of how nonlinearities affect the channel capacity on the fiber optical link, designing techniques to estimate the nonlinear Shannon Limit exploiting the field of Information Theory.

More information about the above projects can be found on the Curriculum Vitae, in which links are provided.

Furthermore, In my past career, I have studied one year abroad at UCL in London, in which, thanks to their particularly practical approach, I had the possibility to participate to a number of team projects and activities that improved my communication skill and the ability to manage group work, together with an infield learning of the language.

I honestly believe that the mix of knowledge acquired during my academic training, combined with my passion and dedication to the subjects, could make me the perfect candidate for this Traineeship and in particular for the implementation of the simulator cited on the application’s form that seems similar, at least vaguely, to the one on which I’m already working on.

I would like to explicitly add that, in terms of requirements, I took at least one university course for each topic that has been cited in the application form, also if it can’t be explicitly deducted by the course’s name listed in my curriculum vitae.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
"

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Selection Committee,

I am 26 years old, and I come from a small island in Italy.
I'm a curious student who loves science in all its fields and after completing my bachelor's degree in computer science, where I established a solid background in programming, maths and physics, I started to explore the fascinating field of physical optics and photonics.

This led me to conduct research into this subject, and that is what I have been doing for the last two years at XXX XXX XXX in conjunction with the National Laboratory of Photonics Networks (CNIT) where I have gained valuable experience in using optical instruments and laboratory equipment. In this context, I am currently doing a master's degree in Computer Science and Networking. My subjects include computational models, high-performance computing and parallel programming, and I decided to choose optical telecommunications and photonic technologies as my specialization.

My passion for those topics has since grown, leading me to get involved in a number of related projects, one of which has been carried out in collaboration with the Photonic Research Centre of Gand, in Belgium. In that project, a code to simulate the interaction among electromagnetic fields and photorefractive crystals was developed in Python and my goal was to analyse such a simulation in order to find possible optimization and to improve the overall performance of the code by testing the results on a set of supercomputer at both the University of Pisa and at Ghent.

As part of my master's studies, I am working at XXX institute in the field of optical communication theory, and in particular on the analysis of how non-linearities affect the channel capacity on the fiber optical link, designing techniques to estimate the non-linear Shannon Limit exploiting the field of information theory. More information about the above projects can be found in my curriculum vitae, in which links are provided.

Furthermore, I had previously studied for one year abroad at UCL in London, where thanks to their particularly practical approach, I had the opportunity to participate in a number of team projects and activities that enhanced my communication skills and ability to manage group work, as well as improve my English language skills.

I honestly believe that the combination of knowledge acquired during my academic training, and my passion and dedication to the subjects, could make me the perfect candidate for this traineeship and in particular for the implementation of the simulator cited on the application form that appears similar, at least in part, to the one which I’m already working on.

I would like to explicitly add that, in terms of requirements, I took at least one university course for each topic cited in the application form.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Status
Not open for further replies.