Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Tarheel,
You and teechar are my heroes and my guardian angels. After all that job you have done on this site, I think that you do not need to give anything more to charity. Every time when you or teechar correct my text, I feel immediately better, and I get more energy to continue learning and writing.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you, Bassim! You made my day! (Now I can go to bed happy.)

Between the two of us, I think you are the smart one. How many languages do you know? Three? Four? (To be fair to myself, however, if I would move to Mexico I would probably learn Spanish really fast. (At least compared to now, when I'm learning it really slow.) And if I would move to Canada -- oh, never mind!)

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Tarheel,
I can describe to you the importance of your and teechar's help. Imagine that you want to climb a steep mountain. You have a will but you have never before climbed a mountain. You start your journey, and soon you understand you do not know much about climbing. You stumble and get lost, and you do not know what to do. But suddenly, two men appear and tell you, "This way, boy." You do not know who these men are, but you understand they are experienced and they know how to climb. Your journey is still arduous, you do not know if you will ever reach the top, but these men is beside you and tell you, "Let's go, you have to do that!"

I am a person who likes to observe people and things around me. I read a lot and try to apply what I have read in my observations. I try to analyse how society functions and the way different governments control their citizens. I am trying to keep my mind free from the influence of those in power, which is nowadays difficult. To think freely means above all to be honest with yourself, but how many people are honest with themselves? Many people are psychologically subjugated and they do not even trust their own mind. I have seen many times how people use language to manipulate others, abuse them and exploit them in all possible ways, but I want to use it to the good. It is the language that made us different from animals, but people have taken it for granted and forgotten that it can turn easily into their worst enemy if they are not observant, and if they allow manipulators to control their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.