Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark
hi,
i just finished my motivation letter for university.
I really need help with the order, use og words and general to correct my letter.
Can someone please help me?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.
​I have just finished my motivation letter for university.
I really need general help with the order and use [STRIKE]og[/STRIKE] of words [STRIKE]and general[/STRIKE] to correct my letter.
Can someone please help me?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

You can post your motivation letter in this section of the forum and someone will look at it. Make sure you remove any personal details.

nn200

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark
In a globalized business world international competence is becoming increasingly important. Companies expect employees to possess not only a sound knowledge of theories and management techniques, but also complementary skills, languages and intercultural capabilities.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This is way too long. If you weren't given any word-count guidelines, you should be aiming for a maximum of 500-600 words. Click the "Edit" button to reduce the size of your motivation letter, and we'll then be glad to help you with it.

nn200

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark
should i make it shorter? I wouldn't make sense if I deleted some part of the text?

nn200

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark
Is this okay? I just deleted a few sentences.

nn200

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark
how much should I delete?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Selection Committee,

I wish to apply for the [name of degree] programme at [name of university] for the 2017 autumn intake.

I am a 22-year-old girl of Vietnamese origin, born and raised in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. At the age of 8, I moved to Denmark with my mother and two siblings. Being Vietnamese, my parents find it very important for me to be familiar with my own roots, so they always try to speak Vietnamese at home with me.

In 2014, I graduated from xxxx with a [name of degree], but I was young and unsure about my future plans. Therefore, I decided to take some time and travel through Asia. And I must say that I really noticed the cultural difference. Asian people are always aiming for being the best in anything they do. This has inspired me a lot, and seeing my family on the other side of the world working so hard has made me think seriously about what I want to do with my own future and how I can build a successful career, and find my own path in the life.

The reason why I have chosen IB at xxx is because of the reputation of xxx as a centre of excellence when it comes to the field of international business, and because I would have the opportunity to study in an internationally diverse environment. I was raised in a bilingual household because my parents thought it important for me to have Danish as my native language as well as the ability to speak Vietnamese fluently. When I was little, my parents spoke with me in Vietnamese, while at school I had to use Danish. Because of this, I have developed an open-minded view towards people from different backgrounds.

In my first gap year in 2014, I worked as a teacher in some elementary schools. This was something that was outside my comfort zone. The whole experience as a teacher was amazing, and after 6 months, it gave me the strength and motivation to do more. In winter 2015, I traveled to South Korea for three months. I made many friends there and traveled together with them. After I came home, I decided to move to Copenhagen, as I knew at then that I wanted to study at xxx. Moving to another city, where I had no family, friends or connections was a major decision. I got a full-time job at xxx and worked there for 8 months.

In summer 2016, I decided to travel to xxx and learn English at xxx for a month. During my stay with xxx in xxxx, I immersed myself in a multi-disciplinary environment and made friends with students from all over the world. It was the experience of a lifetime, and the classes were so interesting because of the diversity. Everything felt so right, and I knew from that moment that this was exactly what I was looking for. The whole experience was challenging, inspiring, fun and outstanding. After I came back from xxxx, I applied for xxx's Asian Studies Program.

In a globalized business world, international competence is becoming increasingly important. Companies expect employees to possess not only a sound knowledge of theories and management techniques, but also complementary skills, multiple languages and inter-cultural capabilities. Thus, I believe your programme is the ideal and logical option for my career progression.

I thank you for considering my application and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

[full name]

Last edited:

nn200

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Denmark

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome, but note that you don't need to write a post to thank someone on the forum; just click the Thank/Like buttons to show your appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.