Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
[FONT=&quot]Whether you have morning sickness, motion sickness, or nausea from chemotherapy or radiation therapy, help may be no farther than your refrigerator or kitchen pantry. There are several foods that can help the body mitigate mild to moderate nausea. Pectin is a dietary fiber that occurs naturally in plant cell walls. Fruits such as apples, peaches, plums, and currents are good sources of pectin, as are carrots and potatoes. Ginger, also known as ginger root, is another very powerful plant that works on the digestive tract. Ginger is found in ginger ale, gingersnaps, gingerbread, and certain Chinese dishes. So the next time your stomach is feeling queasy, try reaching for a can of ginger ale, or nibbling a gingersnap cookie, an apple, or a carrot.

[/FONT]
Citation:[FONT=&quot] Greening, Samantha M. “Natural Remedies for What Ails You.” Healthful Todays and Tomorrows 7 Apr. 2005: 18-21.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

First of all,I dont request from you to paraphrase all the sentences above,what i wonder is how can i use paraphrasing properly?As I said how should I place the citations?Do I have to mention the author in every single sentence?Again let me remind you that,a short explanation or example from the text above will be enough.[/FONT]

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Do you need all those lists of things that contain ginger, all of which contain the word in their name? You could lose them, lose a bit of repetition and not lose any of the message.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

First of all,[space]
I [STRIKE]don't request from[/STRIKE] am not asking you to paraphrase all the sentences above -

what I wonder is how can I use paraphrasing properly?[space] [STRIKE]As I said[/STRIKE] How should I place the citations?

[space] Do I have to mention the author in every single sentence?[space] Again let me remind you that[no comma] a

short explanation or example from the text above will be enough.
Welcome to the forum, fiko.

Please note my corrections to your post.

Leave a space after every full stop (period), question mark and exclamation mark and always capitalise 'I'.

Do I have to mention the author in every single sentence?

No, but mention the source in every new thread.

Note that the author misspelt currants.

Click here to read about paraphrasing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.