Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: In case, vessels are over fifteen years of age and the insurance company withdra

Buyer deducts, as agreed between buyer and seller who has nominated a vessel, part of the amount of the cargo based on every additional age of a vessel
    I do not quite understand this sentence. I take it that the buyer is the consignee or the receiver of the goods. The party which sends the goods(whom you call the seller) is the consignor and they are responsible for buying the insurance for the vessel and cargo. It is not plausible that insurer does not know or does not ask for the age of the vessel being insured.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

2. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: In case, vessels are over fifteen years of age and the insurance company withdra

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    OK, Does the person insuring the cargo have to declare what vessel it is going to be carried on, and the age of that vessel? If so, how could the insurance company only find out after the accident that the vessel is "overage"?
    Yes. buyer has to declare the age and type of cargo.
    If an accident occurs and vessel is overaged, insurance company demands buyer to submit a copy of the vessel documents which the buyer in turn demands seller or shipper to send them.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2