Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following dialogues grammatically correct?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-"Kelly, I need to jump. You can stay here and wait for me, because I remember you have knock knees.", Kevin said.

-"Seriously? I will jump too. I thought that you knew my answer after having been obsessed with me for so long. One again you you disappoint me.", Kelly replied.

-"Yes, you are right. But you are stubborn and sometimes in a bad mood."

-"Oh, really? Why you are saying that I am stubborn?"

Before Kelly's hard look, Kevin preferred to remain silent.

They walked to the energy source. Kevin began to recite a poem that he wrote years ago inspired by Kelly.

"I think in you and I wonder.
An infinity of questions come to my mind.
Which answer is a reliable answer?
I look at you, I observe you carefully, My soul and my mind join together to answer me in some way.
In you, I see a tender, sweet and passionate woman.
Branded by the fire of the harshness of life. Forming a shield, an impenetrable castle
But I always knew that behind all this…
There was an unimaginable woman."

-"It was a nice poem , but don't flatter yourself! But it was nice to know that side of you. I remember you sent that poem with flowers to the my place of work.", Kelly replied,.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What do you mean by "I need to jump". Jump up and down? Jump over something? Jump for joy? Jump out of a car? Without understanding what Kevin needs to do, it's hard to consider the rest of the dialogue.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear emsr2d2:

First of all, thanks for your help.

Kevin and Kelly are climbing a ladder. Suddenly they realize that a part of the ladder is missing. So Kevin decided to jump to reach the top of the ladder.

Thanks.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear emsr2d2:

First of all, thanks for your help.

Kevin and Kelly are climbing a ladder. Suddenly they realize that a part of the ladder is missing. So Kevin decided to jump to reach the top of the ladder.

Thanks.

I don't think you call that "jump" when some of the rungs of the ladder are missing.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I wouldn't call it that either. I wouldn't call it anything. I'd just warn the other person that there's a rung missing. They know then that they'll have to stretch their leg up twice as far as they did on the rest of the ladder in order to reach the next rung.

Status
Not open for further replies.