Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Statement of Purpose: Please compose a statement of purpose (maximum of 750 words) discussing the following three points equally:
  1. Past work and preparation in your intended field of study.
  2. Academic plans for your graduate study and research at KAUST.
  3. How will your experience as a KAUST graduate student further your career plans immediately following graduation, and beyond?

Electrical and Electronics is the top department in Sudan and only elite students could be accepted there, however this was not what intrigued me to join this department, rather than my curiosity to explore-at that point of time-this abstract, illusive and ununderstandable Electricity. One year at University was sufficient to alter that bare mind from thinking of Electricity as abstract, to thinking of it as concrete, solid and fascinating subject. The final year of University happened to be a frustrating point, when one has many interests but limited access. It was a must to choose merely one specialization, whether power or communication, and I was interested in both, anyhow I took the former and I have chosen a relatively big project, my colleagues and I have designed a prototype of 6-phase induction motor. As for my work experience in Electrical Engineering, I worked in Sudanese Thermal Power Generating CO.Ltd, as a project engineer in Kosti thermal power plant project for one year, which helped me approach, how theories are implemented in reality, and how a rough plan on paper could one day become massive success. Later in my working life I joined Toroon For Engineering and Safety Systems CO.Ltd, as a safety officer, while at the same time I was a part-time English language teacher, an experience-I can honestly say that-has essentially changed my life. Nonetheless, I thought to myself back at University, it would have been marvelous, had there been a field that combines both of my interests, and here I am eagerly applying to pursue an M.S in Electro-Physics, a field that represents the overlap between physics, electrical and computer engineering, and the products of Electro-Physics ultimately fit into other areas of electrical and computer engineering such as: communications, signal processing, and microelectronics. Electro-Physics is an essential component to bring concepts grounded in the principles of physics together with systems engineering to create complex systems that work in real life, is an industry that has changed our lives. In a very short period it has changed the way we have looked at things since centuries. It is one industry that is going to shape our future for centuries to come. Hence my desire to pursue a postgraduate study in Electrical Engineering with Electro-Physics as a major.

Living a life without plans, goals, or even dreams is a real shallow, meaningless, obscured and unrewarding life; therefore, I have given it a deep thought to see where I see myself after completing a graduate study in the King Abdullah of Science and Technology.
A first immediate plan is that I would like to be able to work as a teacher at King Abdullah of Science and Technology, as Albert Einstein once said “if you cannot explain simply, you do not understand it well enough” therefore I would like to erudite in Electro-Physics, and it is commonly believed that if you want to better understand something, teach it.
A further crucial plan is to work in the ministry telecommunication to put- the knowledge I will have gained from the graduate program-in use. Application of Electro-Physics in Sudan would be a crucial milestone in the development of Sudan and the Middle East as whole. As for my long-term goals, that I am sure my experience at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will further my plan to be a PhD holder, to pursue a career in research and experience he excitement and satisfaction of being at the forefront of this vast expanding field, then I see that I could be an appropriate minister of the Ministry of water resources, irrigation and electricity in my country.
An extremely distinguished University, a milieu replete with academic activity, and a graduate program which bends high quality course work and research facilities at the cutting edge of every sub-field are the factors which have motivated me to choose the University of King Abdullah of Science and Technology, for graduate studies. I believe the program offered will help me acquire the versatility needed to reach my full potential as a engineer.
I cannot tell that I am the best, but I am sure I will do my best, by restoring my energy, determined to be a hard worker to get the higher possible knowledge quality and I promise I can adapt to any climate I might face, bringing my own sunshine. Eventually it would be a privilege to join King Abdullah of Science and Technology, and it is of utmost importance for me to succeed there, as am quite positive it will help me attain my destination with prosperity.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Electrical and Electronics is the top department in Sudan, and only elite students are accepted there.

I don't understand the rest of that sentence. (It should be two sentences.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is this an actual Statement of Purpose or is this an exercise you have been given to do?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
At least he/she made paragraphs. They are pretty long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.