Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I have translated below news from my native language. Please check for any correction and modification.

One of South-East Asian Nations-Thailand, a Giant-crocodile had bitten a 41-year-old lady. She came to Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park. She sat near crocodile and who took a selfie from her mobile. When she tried to get up, crocodile had bitten her left leg. Aftermath, park security officers rushed to the spot and rescued her.Then they admitted in hospital.

“Though warning sign boards are kept on many places, some visitors are reaching beyond this point and try to take pictures near the dangerous animals. She (The one who bitten by crocodile) is from French national and who had come with her husband and kids. She has been admitted in hospital,” said a park security officer .

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You don't need the underlined part. Instead, say:

Bangkok, Thailand -- A giant crocodile bit a forty-one-year-old lady. She had been visiting Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

She sat near the crocodile and took a selfie with her mobile. When she tried to get up she noticed that the crocodile had bitten her left leg.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have translated [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] the news story below from my native language. Please check for any mistakes, and make any necessary corrections and modifications.

[STRIKE]One of South-East Asian Nations-[/STRIKE]

Thailand - a giant crocodile [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] has bitten a 41-year-old lady (no full stop here) [STRIKE]She came to[/STRIKE] who was visiting Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park. She sat near the crocodile and [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] took a selfie [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] with her mobile. [STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] As she tried to get up, the crocodile [STRIKE]had bitten[/STRIKE] bit her left leg. [STRIKE]Aftermath,[/STRIKE] Park security officers immediately rushed to the spot and rescued her. She was then [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] admitted [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to hospital.

“Though many warning signs [STRIKE]boards[/STRIKE] are [STRIKE]kept on many places[/STRIKE] in place, some visitors are reaching [STRIKE]beyond[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]this point[/STRIKE] through fences/over railings and trying to take pictures near the dangerous animals. [STRIKE]She[/STRIKE] The [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] lady who was bitten by the crocodile is [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] a French national and [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] had come with her husband and kids. She has been admitted [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to hospital,” said a park security officer.

See my corrections above.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Park security officers rushed to the spot and rescued her. Then they took her to the hospital.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Though many warning signs are at various places in the park, visitors reach through fences and over railings and take pictures near the dangerous animals.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It is probably the case that the woman was bitten as she was getting up. (That makes more sense than my interpretation.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am pretty sure that the crocodile was not taking a selfie.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.