Student or Learner
Native Language
Serbian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Hi,

I am writing an abstract for my article. I know that it should be complete, concise, self-contained etc. Also, I know that i’m not enough good in English to make a specific stylistic changes.

Reviewer of my work ask me to make a stylistic changes (e.g. „on the one hand“ / „on the other hand“, instead of „from the one hand“ / „from the other side“, „such as emotionality“ instead of „as emotionality“, etc.:?:). But, i need help with others changes, because i have no idea what can be changed.

So, i would be grateful if someone good at English, can make that changes for me to make an article more complex in up to 160 words.;-)

The main goal of this paper was to examine the relations between compensatory Facebook use and Facebook addiction from the one hand and life satisfaction and self-concept from the other side, behind the role of personality traits. The sample included 372 participans (88,4% female; M[SUB](age)=[/SUB]24,38). Instruments used in the study were Life Satisfaction Scale (Šarčević and Vasić, 2010), self-concept scale (Bezinović, 1988), Psycho-Social Aspects of Facebook Use scale (Bodroža and Jovanović, 2016) and the six major dimensions of personality scale (Lee and Ashton, 2009). Results show that compensatory use of Facebook and Facebook addiction correlate with all self-concept dimensions, life satisfaction and personality traits as emotionality (positively) and honest-humility, extraversion, agreebleness, conscientiousness and openness to experience (negatively). Some of that dimensions are also good predictors of compensatory use of Facebook and Facebook addiction. Therefore, expected relations are confirmed with the need of more detal explore in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello nikola95, and welcome to the forum. :)

I am writing an abstract for my article. I know that it should be complete, concise, self-contained, etc. Also, I know that I'm not enough good in English to make specific stylistic changes.

A reviewer of my work has asked me to make stylistic changes (e.g., "on the one hand/on the other hand", instead of "from the one hand/from the other side", "such as emotionality" instead of "as emotionality", etc.). But, I need help with others changes, because I have no idea what [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] needs to be changed.

So, I would be grateful if someone good at English, can make [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] those changes for me to make [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] the article more complex in up to 160 words.;-)

The main goal of this [STRIKE]paper[/STRIKE] study was to examine the relations between compensatory Facebook use and Facebook addiction [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] on the one hand, and life satisfaction and self-concept [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] on the other [STRIKE]side, behind the role[/STRIKE] which form the basis of personality traits. The [STRIKE]sample included[/STRIKE] study had 372 participants (88.4% female; M[SUB](age)=[/SUB]24,38). The [STRIKE]Instruments used in the[/STRIKE] study [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] used the Life Satisfaction Scale (Šarčević and Vasić, 2010), the Self-Concept Scale (Bezinović, 1988), the Psycho-Social Aspects of Facebook Use Scale (Bodroža and Jovanović, 2016) and the Six Major Dimensions of Personality Scale (Lee and Ashton, 2009). The results show that the compensatory use of Facebook and Facebook addiction correlate with all self-concept dimensions, life satisfaction and personality traits such as emotionality (positively) and honest-humility, extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness and openness to experience (negatively). Some of [STRIKE]that dimensions are[/STRIKE] the above were also found to be good predictors of the compensatory use of Facebook and Facebook addiction. Therefore, the expected relations [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were confirmed by the study, but further research is required to gain a more detailed understanding of these relations. [STRIKE]with the need of more detal explore in the future.[/STRIKE]

I don't understand the text highlighted in blue.

nikola95

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Serbian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Teechar,

Thanks a lot! :) This is of great help.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome, but please note that you don't actually need to write a post to thank someone for their effort. Just click Like/Thank. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.