Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

When people start criticizing you by that time you should start thinking.

When people start criticizing you by that time you should start thinking that you are prospering.

When people start criticizing you, you should consider yourself famous.

Please check.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: When people start criticizing you by that time you should start thinking.

#1 is incorrect.
    #2 is grammatical. However, note that there is a difference between fame and notoriety.

3. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    #1 is incorrect.
    #2 is grammatical. However, note that there is a difference between fame and notoriety.
    Could you please tell me the proper way of writing and speaking this kind of sentences? I am confused about "You should consider" and "By that time you should start thinking" I mean this part of the sentence. What is the proper wording to say this?

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Perhaps you meant, "At that time".

People started criticising me in 2011. At that time, because of the criticism, I assumed I must be famous.

It doesn't make any sense. No one thinks they're famous just because they're being criticised, but I've given you a grammatical version of what I think you're trying to say.

How are you confused by "You should consider"? You wrote the sentence yourself, didn't you? Why did you write a sentence containing a phrase that confuses you?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

5. VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Perhaps you meant, "At that time".

People started criticising me in 2011. At that time, because of the criticism, I assumed I must be famous.

It doesn't make any sense. No one thinks they're famous just because they're being criticised, but I've given you a grammatical version of what I think you're trying to say.

How are you confused by "You should consider"? You wrote the sentence yourself, didn't you? Why did you write a sentence containing a phrase that confuses you?
    I wrote it because I didn't know about the correct words. I wanted to give you an idea that what I had in my mind.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    I wrote it because I didn't know about the correct words. I wanted to give you an idea that of what I had in my mind.
    "you should consider" is fine in the right context.

"When you start seeing photos of yourself on the front page of every newspaper, you should [probably] consider yourself famous."
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.