Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Finland
Hi,

I am a new student studying about nutrition. I am starting to write some posts that aim to share basic information about nutrient and also improve my writing skills.

Feel free to have a visit, comment for my errors and let's discuss more :)

[URL removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I am a new student studying [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] nutrition. I am starting to write some posts that aim to share basic information about nutrients and also improve my writing skills.

Feel free to have a visit, comment [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on my errors and let's discuss it more. :)

[URL removed]
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Many people are unwilling to click on external links. If you want us to check your writing, post short excerpts in this section of the forum and we will take a look at them.

I have removed the URL from your post - it can look as if you're just trying to drive traffic to your blog. See my corrections above.

TQ Tran

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Finland
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and information.

Here is my writing. Let's me know what I should improve :)

[h=2]What is bad carbs?[/h][FONT=&quot]Bad carbs are food that contains high GI (Glycemic Index). Glycemic Index measures how quickly a carb raises blood sugar.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Glucose is the simplest form of sugar that is used to convert energy for body functioning and physical activities. A simple carb contains only one or two sugars. Therefore, it is easily digested and absorbed into bloodstream.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After a meal of bad carbs (high GI), your blood sugar is burst immediately and your body’s energy is fulfilled quickly; however, the energy remains within the short period of time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Glucose is stored in the form of fat if energy is not needed directly. Therefore, obtaining bad carbs in a short time would lead to extra energy needed and a high chance of getting fat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Besides, the quick absorption of energy would make a body is more hunger for food and as a result, it makes you want to eat more often.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Foods contain more bad carbs are: white bread, white rice, potatoes, sugars, candies, soft drinks, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Features of bad carb foods:[/FONT]

• High GI.
  • Less nutrients and especially fibers.
  • Provide more calories, easily transfer into fat.
  • High glucose sugar in blood lead to tiredness, sleepy.
[h=2]What is good carbs?[/h][FONT=&quot]Good carbs or complex carbs, on the other hand, are structured by three or more sugars which requires more time to digest and absorb. For that reason, good carbs have low GI due to the level of blood sugar raises slowly and gradually which help to keep a steady and healthy body. As a result, your body is provided with more sustained energy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, the process of digesting and absorbing that occurs gently smooth a body metabolism and keep ourselves away from hunger and stay fit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Furthermore, these good carbs are the best natural source of fiber which is an essential for our digestive system. Different from sugars and starches, fibers are not absorbed and converted into energy. It helps in assisting bowel movements and prevents constipation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Foods are rich in good carbs: whole grains, whole rice, whole bread, oats, sweet potatoes, vegetables, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Features of good carb foods:[/FONT]

• Low GI.
  • Less calories, sustained energy.
  • Rich in nutrients and fibers.
  • Body metabolism is maintained steadily and healthily.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and information.

Here is my writing. Let [STRIKE]'s[/STRIKE] me know what I should improve.

What [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are bad carbs?

Bad carbs are foods [Note: we use "foods" (not "food") here because we are talking about different types of food.] that [STRIKE]contains[/STRIKE] have a high GI (Glycemic Index). The glycemic index measures how quickly a carb raises blood sugar.

Glucose is the simplest form of sugar [STRIKE]that is used to[/STRIKE] which the body converts into energy for [STRIKE]body[/STRIKE] its functioning and physical activities. A simple-carb molecule contains only one or two sugars. Therefore, it is easily digested and absorbed into the bloodstream.

After a meal of bad carbs (high GI), your blood sugar [STRIKE]is burst immediately[/STRIKE] shoots up quickly and your body’s energy needs are [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] fulfilled instantly; [STRIKE]quickly;[/STRIKE] however, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] that energy remains available only for a [STRIKE]within the[/STRIKE] short period of time.

Glucose is stored in the form of fat if energy is not needed immediately. [STRIKE]directly.[/STRIKE] Therefore, [STRIKE]obtaining[/STRIKE] the intake of large quantities of bad carbs [STRIKE]in a short time would[/STRIKE] leads to unnecessary extra energy [STRIKE]needed[/STRIKE] and a high chance of getting fat.

Besides, the quick absorption of energy [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] can make you [STRIKE]a body is more hunger for food[/STRIKE] feel hungry, and as a result, it makes you want to eat more often.

Foods which contain [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] bad carbs include [STRIKE]are:[/STRIKE] white bread, white rice, potatoes, sugar, candies, soft drinks, etc.

Features of ba
d-carb foods:

• High GI.
  • Less nutrients and especially fibers.
  • Provide more calories, and easily [STRIKE]transfer[/STRIKE] converted into fat.
  • High glucose sugar in blood leads to tiredness, sleepiness.

What [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are good carbs?

Good carbs or complex carbs, on the other hand, [STRIKE]are structured by[/STRIKE] have three or more sugars [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] and require more time to digest and absorb. For that reason, good carbs have a low GI [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] which means the level of blood sugar [STRIKE]raises[/STRIKE] rises slowly and gradually with their intake and that contributes to a [STRIKE]which help to keep a steady and[/STRIKE] healthy metabolism. [STRIKE]body.[/STRIKE] As a result, your body is provided with more sustained energy.

Also, the process of [STRIKE]digesting and absorbing[/STRIKE] digestion and absorption [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] occurs gently smoothly [STRIKE]a body metabolism[/STRIKE] and that helps keep [STRIKE]ourselves[/STRIKE] hunger away [STRIKE]from hunger[/STRIKE] and enables us to stay fit.

Furthermore, [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] many good carbs are the best natural source of fiber which is [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] essential for our digestive system. [STRIKE]Different from[/STRIKE] Unlike sugars and starches, fiber [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is not absorbed and converted into energy. It helps in assisting bowel movement and prevents constipation.

Foods [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] rich in good carbs include whole grains (including whole-gain rice), wholemeal/wholegrain bread, oats, sweet potatoes, vegetables, etc.

Features of goo
d-carb foods:

• Low GI. [STRIKE]
  • Less[/STRIKE] Fewer calories, sustained energy.
  • Rich in nutrients and fiber.
  • Body metabolism is maintained steadily and healthily.

Status
Not open for further replies.