Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
I am an IT professional whose qualifications and skills have been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society. I am well organized, energetic, dedicated and expert in successfully managing large complex multi-billion-dollar flagship projects in both private and public sectors in Asia, Australia and the Middle East

(Edit by mod: This isn't the original post #1, which was deleted by the OP. This is a copy of post #7 so that there is at least something contained in post #1.)

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Grammar check

It's not a complete sentence. In addition, the word order at the start is confusing. Do you mean "The IT professional who has been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society ..."?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Can you write a simple sentence that leaves out all the details but says generally what you want to say here? Replace Australian Computer Society and The British Computer Society certified IT professional with the single word "person" and leave out the place names. Once you've constructed that sentence, you can put the details back.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should include some/all of the words/phrases you are querying. Generic titles such as "Grammar check" are useless - make every title individual and relevant to its specific thread.

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia

Dear Teacher,

I have updated, there are two sentences now,but i would like to make them as one.

It's not a complete sentence. In addition, the word order at the start is confusing. Do you mean "The IT professional who has been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society ..."?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Please don't go back and edit post #1 after it has received responses. It now makes the responses look like nonsense! If you're asked to revise something, please post the new version in a new response.

I have looked at your new version. The first thing you need to do is check the difference between "who's" and "whose".

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia

Thanks , please see below

I am an IT professional whose qualifications and skills have been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society. I am well organized, energetic, dedicated and expert in successfully managing large complex multi-billion-dollar flagship projects in both private and public sectors in Asia, Australia and the Middle East

Please don't go back and edit post #1 after it has received responses. It now makes the responses look like nonsense! If you're asked to revise something, please post the new version in a new response.

I have looked at your new version. The first thing you need to do is check the difference between "who's" and "whose".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

"... the private and the public, etc."
"... the Middle East."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Thanks. How can I merge both sentences into one?
Which two sentences do you mean?

I note you've been a member since 2010 and you've only clicked Thank/Like once!

Last edited by a moderator:

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia

I meant the below sentences please .Thanks

I am an IT professional whose qualifications and skills have been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society. I am well organized, energetic, dedicated and expert in successfully managing large complex multi-billion-dollar flagship projects in both the private and the public sectors in Asia, Australia and the Middle East.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

There are too many words to neatly turn that into one sentence. However, if someone forced me to do it, I'd have to write:

Well-organized, energetic, dedicated and an expert in successfully managing large complex multi-billion-dollar flagship projects in both the private and the public sectors in Asia, Australia and the Middle East, I am an IT professional whose qualifications and skills have been certified by both the Australian Computer Society and the British Computer Society.

(Note my addition of a hyphen and an indefinite article.)

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia

Many thanks

How would you neatly turn that into one sentence?

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia

Please delete this thread

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Many thanks
How would you neatly turn that into one sentence?

I already turned it into one sentence in post #12.

Please delete this thread

No. It is clearly stated at the top of the first page of this forum that threads here cannot be deleted. I have already reinserted text into post #1 because you had deleted the contents.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.