[Grammar] Don't thank to me. You earn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"Don't thank to me. You earn it! But… you also know that the school gym needs to be repaired. We need new equipment for the chemistry lab, among many other things. We want to be sure that you will help us from your position at the Ministry to obtain funds over other schools. Are you still interested?

At that moment, Kelly's face was transformed from joy to outrage. She stood up with her eyes turned into two flames and confronted the principal."

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Don't thank [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] me. You earned it! But, you also know that the school gym needs to be repaired and we need new equipment for the chemistry lab, among many other things. We want to be sure that you will help us from your position at the ministry to obtain funds over other schools. Are you still interested?

At that moment, the look on Kelly's face was transformed from one of joy to that of outrage. She stood up with fire in her eyes [STRIKE]turned into two flames[/STRIKE] and confronted the principal.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things.

What is meant by "funds over other schools"? Getting money instead of other schools?

Say:

Kelly's face was transformed from one of joy to one of outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.