• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

regulatory agency

Please check if there are mistakes.

The guy from the regulatory agency (or municipial public order office?) still tries to forbid us to do it. However, after phoning (with?) the Sheriff, I can fortunately tell you that no one of us should be fearing consequences if we won't (or don't?) follow that restraint. In fact, he ensured me that he's absolutely not planning to take any actions against us.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: regulatory agency

Quote Originally Posted by krisfromgermany View Post
    Please check if there are mistakes.

The guy from the regulatory agency (or municipial municipal public order office) is still tries trying to forbid us to from doing it. However, after phoning (with?) the Sheriff, I can fortunately tell you that no one none of us should be needs to fearing worry about the consequences if we won't (or don't?) of follow that restraint breaking the rule. In fact, he ensured assured me that he's absolutely not planning to take any actions action against us.
    I don't know whether you need "regulatory agency" or "municipal public order office" because I don't know what you're referring to or what it's called in Germany. It's the same with the "sheriff" - is that the chief of police in your town in Germany or is it more like the mayor?

Study the difference between "assure" and "ensure".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: regulatory agency

In the United States, a sheriff is a county-level ("parish-level" in Louisiana) law-enforcement officer in the 48 states that have counties or parishes. In my state, their jurisdiction extends only to areas without their own municipal police departments.
    I am not a teacher.