Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Please check if there are mistakes.

The guy from the regulatory agency (or municipial public order office?) still tries to forbid us to do it. However, after phoning (with?) the Sheriff, I can fortunately tell you that no one of us should be fearing consequences if we won't (or don't?) follow that restraint. In fact, he ensured me that he's absolutely not planning to take any actions against us.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please check if there are mistakes.

The guy from the regulatory agency (or [STRIKE]municipial[/STRIKE] municipal public order office) is still [strike]tries[/strike] trying to forbid us [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] from doing it. However, after phoning [STRIKE](with?)[/STRIKE] the Sheriff, I can [STRIKE]fortunately[/STRIKE] tell you that [STRIKE]no one[/STRIKE] none of us [STRIKE]should be[/STRIKE] needs to [STRIKE]fearing[/STRIKE] worry about the consequences [STRIKE]if we won't (or don't?)[/STRIKE] of [STRIKE]follow that restraint[/STRIKE] breaking the rule. In fact, he [strike]ensured[/strike] assured me that he's absolutely not planning to take any [STRIKE]actions[/STRIKE] action against us.

I don't know whether you need "regulatory agency" or "municipal public order office" because I don't know what you're referring to or what it's called in Germany. It's the same with the "sheriff" - is that the chief of police in your town in Germany or is it more like the mayor?

Study the difference between "assure" and "ensure".

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In the United States, a sheriff is a county-level ("parish-level" in Louisiana) law-enforcement officer in the 48 states that have counties or parishes. In my state, their jurisdiction extends only to areas without their own municipal police departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.