Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Great Britain
Hello everyone,

I'm applying for the ERASMUS work placement program and it would be amazing if someone could proofread my motivation letter? It is only 300 words long. Thank you very much in advance.

Isaac Newton was born in Woolsthrope, Lincolnshire, England. Absolutely nothing happens in Woolsthrope, and poor Newton was in danger of limiting his own perspective by being trapped in the same place for the rest of his life, so he either had to restrict himself or leave and broaden his horizon.

Now, I am not saying that I have this extraordinary aptitude for mathematics, but I always try to grow and develop further. When I left Austria to study Illustration and Animation at Kingston University in 2013, I have learned how important a diverse and exciting peer group is to grow as a creative. Back in Salzburg, Graphic Design had been my profession for the last 4 years and I discovered that working in a multicultural environment is just as important as gaining experience in the industry. I figured out myself that these two things are the key elements for my personal and professional development. Going abroad and working, as an intern
would therefore, be extremely beneficial. Other cultures and new and exiting changes have always reinforced my own imagination, which is the most important thing in animation anyway – the fantastic diversity of your own imagination.

Similar to the medium itself - Animation provides an insight into the human imagination like no other medium and pushes the boundaries by showing an extended and more exited reality. This claim can be easily applied to working in the creative industry. It is not only important what you learn at university but it is equally important to apply your knowledge to the ‘real world’ in order to grow personally but more importantly to push your skills.

I want to immerse myself further in the world of animation, to experiment more, and to keep surrounding myself with other hard-working and inspiring people I admire to continue exploring the wonderful world of animation.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

I'm applying for the Erasmus [STRIKE]RASMUS[/STRIKE] work placement program, and it would be amazing if someone could proofread my motivation letter. It is only 300 words long. Thank you very much in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for the Erasmus Work Placement Program at ABCD.
[STRIKE]Isaac Newton was born in Woolsthrope, Lincolnshire, England. Absolutely nothing happens in Woolsthrope, and poor Newton was in danger of limiting his own perspective by being trapped in the same place for the rest of his life, so he either had to restrict himself or leave and[/STRIKE] I believe it will help me gain valuable practical experience and broaden [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] my horizons.

[STRIKE]Now, I am not saying that I have this extraordinary aptitude for mathematics, but I always try to grow and develop further. When[/STRIKE] After I left Austria to study Illustration and Animation at Kingston University in 2013, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] learned how important a diverse and exciting peer group is to grow as a creative professional. Back in Salzburg, graphic design had been my profession for the [STRIKE]last[/STRIKE] previous 4 years, and I discovered that working in a multicultural environment is just as important as gaining experience in the industry. I [STRIKE]figured out myself[/STRIKE] realized that these two [STRIKE]things[/STRIKE] factors are the key elements for my personal and professional development. Going abroad and working as an intern would, therefore, be extremely beneficial for me. Experiencing other cultures and new and exiting changes [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has always reinforced my own imagination, which is the most important thing in animation anyway – the fantastic diversity of [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] one's own imagination.

[STRIKE]Similar to the medium itself -[/STRIKE] Animation provides an insight into the human imagination like no other medium and pushes the boundaries by showing an extended and more [STRIKE]exited[/STRIKE] exciting reality. This claim can be easily applied to working in the creative industry. It is not only important what [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] one learns at university, but it is equally important to apply [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] one's knowledge to the real world in order to grow personally and professionally. [STRIKE]but more importantly to push your skills.[/STRIKE]

I want to immerse myself further in the world of animation, to experiment more, and to keep surrounding myself with other hard-working and inspiring people I admire to continue exploring the wonderful world of animation.

Thank you for considering my application, and I await your positive reply

feilchen

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Great Britain
Dear teechar, thank you so much for your response, I just realized that my thank you message wasn't posted.
So thank you again for proofreading my motivation letter :)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're very welcome. :)
Was your application successful?