Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Please make improvements on the speech. Thank you.:-D

1. You are the President of the Student Union at your school. You are preparing a speech to welcome new students on the first day of school. In order to help students achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, you want to talk about the following in your speech:

-importance of following school rules

The first part of the speech has been written for you. Finish the speech.

Good morning Principal, teachers and fellow students,

On behalf of the Students’ Union, I’d like to welcome all of you to our school. I am sure we all want to achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, so this morning I’d like to give you some advice.

(My part)
It is always our school’s motto to behave ourselves; as ethics is somehow more important to academic results. We all know that you all are from different primary schools and are abide with different school rules. I believe they all share a common vision: to help students get used to societal rules. It a fact that all of us would eventually graduate and enter the society, in which it is ruled by law and shaped by societal norms. It is important for you to have a sense of what they are, not only for the benefits of the school, but also for the establishment of moral values.

Maybe I should give you more examples to highlight the importance of school rules. There is a rule that needs students to be courteous and compassionate. It is easy to comply with this rule, but seldom do students know the underlying meaning of it. We need to contact with people of different groups when embarking on the road to workforce; we need to find ways to get along with our colleagues and boss. Being courteous and compassionate leaves them an impression that you are a staff with high EQ and decent education.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Please make improvements on the speech. Thank you.:-D

1. You are the President of the Student Union at your school. You are preparing a speech to welcome new students on the first day of school. In order to help students achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, you want to talk about the following in your speech:

-importance of following school rules

The first part of the speech has been written for you. Finish the speech.

Good morning Principal, teachers and fellow students,

On behalf of the Students’ Union, I’d like to welcome all of you to our school. I am sure we all want to achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, so this morning I’d like to give you some advice.

(My part)
It is [STRIKE]always [/STRIKE]our school’s motto to behave ourselves; as ethics is somehow more important[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] than academic results. We [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] know that you [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] are from different primary schools and [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] abide [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] by different school rules. I believe they [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] share a common vision: to help students get used to societal rules. [STRIKE]It a fact that [/STRIKE]All of us would eventually graduate and enter[STRIKE] the[/STRIKE] society, [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE]which it is ruled by law and shaped by societal norms. It is important for you to have a sense of what they are, not only for the benefits of the school, but also for the establishment of moral values.

Maybe I should give you more examples to highlight the importance of school rules. There is a rule that [STRIKE]needs [/STRIKE] require students to be courteous and compassionate. It is easy to comply with this rule, but seldom do students know the underlying meaning of it. We need to come into contact with people of different groups when[STRIKE] embarking on the road to joining[/STRIKE] we join the the workforce and we need to find ways to get along with our colleagues and boss. Being courteous and compassionate leaves them an impression that you are a staff with high EQ and decent education.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]It is always[/STRIKE] Our school’s motto is excellence in study, eminence in behavior. [STRIKE]to behave ourselves; as[/STRIKE] Ethics [STRIKE]is somehow more[/STRIKE] are just important [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] as academic achievement. [STRIKE]results.[/STRIKE] We all know that you all are from different primary schools and [STRIKE]are abide[/STRIKE] may be familiar with different school rules. Nevertheless, I believe they all share a common vision: to help students [STRIKE]get used to[/STRIKE] learn and follow societal rules. [STRIKE]It a fact that all of us would[/STRIKE] You will all eventually graduate, and then we expect you to uphold our school's reputation as young adults and as responsible members of [STRIKE]enter the[/STRIKE] society. [STRIKE], in which it is ruled by law and shaped by societal norms.[/STRIKE] It is important for you to have a sense of what [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] the school's rules are, not only for the benefit of the school, but also for your healthy social development. [STRIKE]the establishment of moral values.[/STRIKE]

Maybe I should give you [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] some examples to highlight the importance of school rules. [STRIKE]There is a rule that needs[/STRIKE] For instance, we expect our students to always be courteous and compassionate. It is easy to comply with this rule, but seldom do students know the underlying meaning of it. Later in life, you will [STRIKE]We[/STRIKE] need to [STRIKE]contact[/STRIKE] interact with all kinds of people, [STRIKE]of different groups when embarking on the road to workforce; we need to find ways[/STRIKE] and it is important to get along with your colleagues and seniors if you want to be successful. [STRIKE]boss.[/STRIKE] Being courteous and compassionate [STRIKE]leaves them an impression that you are a staff with high EQ[/STRIKE] would make you look intelligent and decent in their eyes. [STRIKE]education.[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.