[General] A suitable topic for my term paper in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalKnight

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Germany
Good evening lads and lasses,

I picked English as my subject in which I have to write a term paper. The topic should not be too general, rather something specific.

I agreed with my teacher that I am going to write a term paper about British History. I have many possible topics in my mind I can write about.

I want to pick a historical topic about Britain's history with plenty of resources. How does those topics (they have to be a question on which I have to relate to the whole time I write the term paper) sound like? Can I get data from many resources from them?

- How did Churchill's Attitude towards Germany become clearly evident during the Potsdam Conference? (My teachers suggestion)
^ I found this one rather hard since there is no direct material about it.
- Why did Neville Chamberlains policy of "Appeasement" fail? (Alternative: How did Neville Chamberlains policy help Hitler in his re-armament?)

I have no ideas anymore. I would like to write about Britain's pre and post WWII History. It has to be something not too general. If possible, it should be linked with Hitler and Germany. (Which any pre/post WW II topic is though, I suppose.) Any ideas?

If this Thread is in the wrong section, I request a moderator to move this into the correct subforum.

Greetings,
RoyalKnight

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You could write about how the RAF defeated the Luftwaffe.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Giving Hitler part of Czechoslovakia in hopes that he would be satisfied with that and not want the whole thing would be like letting a lion have your left arm in hopes that it would be satisfied with that and not want the whole thing.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Recent events have reminded me that Britain accepted thousands of refugees immediately after WWII. One of them was my mother. I don't know whether this story has been told in enough references to support a student paper but it's something which deserves remembering.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Where are you looking for direct material- every aspect of the war is covered in great detail in places like Google Scholar.

RoyalKnight

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Germany
Thank you all for your answer, I found my new topic already.

And wow, I did not know about google scholar. Certainly it will be helpful, thank you a lot!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you all for your answers; I have already found my new topic​. [STRIKE]already. [/STRIKE]

And wow, I did not know about Google Scholar. [STRIKE]Certainly[/STRIKE] It will certainly/definitely be helpful. Thank you very much. [STRIKE]a lot![/STRIKE]

Note my changes above.

Status
Not open for further replies.