Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Can you help me correct this letter of recommendation considering grammar and punctuation? Any other advice is welcomed.
Thank you!

Dear Sir or Madam,

It’s my great pleasure to provide this letter of recommendation for L.. and I express my wholehearted support for her application for a placement at .....

As a Lecturer at the .....and friend, I had the opportunity to follow the development of her personal and professional skills. I was impressed with L... patience, intellectual curiosity and passion for people and medicine. I’m confident that she has a successful career in medicine ahead of her.

The best student is the one that beside having good grades, is interested in gaining practical skills, is involved in extracurricular activities and beside having big grades are involved in pushes himself every day to learn more and be better, enjoining every minute. L... is that kind of student.
Even if she is always on the move and though her schedule is perhaps too tightly packed, she somehow manages it all with a smile on her face inspiring others.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with L... and came to know her as a truly valuable asset to absolutely any team. She is honest, dependable, and incredibly hard-working. Beyond that, she is an impressive problem solver who is always able to address complex issues with strategy and confidence. L... is inspired by challenges, and never intimidated by them.

Without a doubt, I confidently recommend L... to join your team at .... As a dedicated and knowledgeable student and an all-around great person.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
IA

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can you help me correct this letter of recommendation considering grammar and punctuation? Any other advice is welcome.
Thank you!

Dear Sir or Madam,

It’s my great pleasure to provide this letter of recommendation for Ms Lidya Logan and I express my wholehearted support for her application for a placement at .....

As a lecturer at the .....[STRIKE]and friend[/STRIKE], I've had the opportunity to follow the development of [STRIKE]her[/STRIKE] Ms Logan's [STRIKE]personal[/STRIKE] academic and professional skills. I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] am impressed [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] by her patience, intellectual curiosity and passion for people and medicine. I'm confident that she has a successful career in medicine ahead of her.

[STRIKE]The best[/STRIKE] A stellar student [STRIKE]is the one that beside having good[/STRIKE] not only achieves high grades, but is always interested in gaining new practical skills, is involved in extracurricular activities and [STRIKE]beside having big grades are involved in[/STRIKE] pushes [STRIKE]himself[/STRIKE] themselves every day to learn more and improve. [STRIKE]be better, enjoining every minute.[/STRIKE] Lidya is that kind of student.
Even if she is always on the move and though her schedule is often very busy, [STRIKE]perhaps too tightly packed,[/STRIKE] she somehow manages it all with a smile on her face, inspiring others.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with [STRIKE]L...[/STRIKE] Ms Logan and came to know her as a truly valuable asset to absolutely any team. She is honest, dependable, and incredibly hard-working. Beyond that, she is an impressive problem solver who is always able to address complex issues with strategy and confidence. Lidya is inspired by challenges and never intimidated by them.

Without a doubt, I confidently recommend [STRIKE]L...[/STRIKE] Ms Logan to join your team at .... as a dedicated and knowledgeable student and an all-around great person.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any further information. [STRIKE]Thank you for your time.[/STRIKE]

Yours faithfully,

[STRIKE]Sincerely,[/STRIKE]
IA

Consider using "researcher" instead of the highlighted "student" above.

Status
Not open for further replies.