Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you got a ticket, where you want to go and why? what will you do there?

Every person has a dream which he wants to live at least once in the lifetime. If I got a chance to choose the place, I would prefer to visit the Moon. From childhood, I wish to go there and want to experience how we feel in an environment without oxygen. Definitely, I will bring my oxygen cylinder, but the atmosphere would be the vacuume.

From the young age, watching Moon overjoyed me and the idea of stepping on the Moon elated me. Earth is a wonderful planet, however, as the population increases, we have to consider the option and Moon will be indeed an alternate. The main emphasis of my conduct will be how to adroit the maximum use of minimum resources; additionaly, discover the available resources for the human usage.

As from practical point of view, The Moon is not suiable for the living creatures because of the inefficiency of water, oxygen, and other living necessities.The scientists and astronauts are enduring on the matter. Regarding the issue, my concern will be the safe decomposition of the waste. Moreover, it should be soluble without air and water if possible on the Moon itself. For this aspect, my aim will focus on harmful bacteria free and moist free solutions of trash. So, from the beginning, our aim should keep the Moon pollution free which indirectly encouraging for the earth as well.

In short, during my Moon visit, I shall not only watch the earth as I watched the moon from childhood, but also observe the aspects how we can improve our abilities to save the planet and natural satellite. Decomposing the waste without pollution is the need of the hour.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thoughtful, I have moved your essay to its own thread. When I said that you could post more short essays, I should have pointed out that you need to start a new thread for each new essay.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sorry I was not aware of that.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
If you got a ticket, where you want to go and why? what will you do there?
Was that the exact essay prompt? Where did you get it?

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I read a similar prompt online but not exectly few days ago. Then, I wrote what I rememberd without cofirming.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I read a similar, but not exactly the same, prompt online [STRIKE]but not exectly[/STRIKE] a few days ago. Then, I wrote this essay based what I remembered without confirming the prompt.
That's really not a good idea. :-( You need to be more thoughtful about how your answer relates to the question asked. I've seen many essays get a fail mark because they were off topic.

The reason I asked about the above essay is that you cannot get a ticket to fly to the moon! So, I suspect you were off topic.

It's also important to note that not all essay prompts (especially some of the ones you may encounter online) are useful. Some are badly written, vague, or otherwise confusing.

Which test are you preparing for?

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you for the invaluable suggestion.I will be careful about choosing the prompt.
I am preparing for CBEST. The main concerns are persuasive and narrative(personal) essays . :idea::idea:

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I will post next essay soon.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you for the invaluable suggestion. I will be careful about choosing the prompt.

I am preparing for CBEST. The main concerns are persuasive and narrative (personal) essays.

I will post my next essay soon.
Great. Just remember to start a new thread for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.