• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Please delete/edit my thread

Hello everyone,

Yesterday night I was looking for someone who can proofread my presentation text and posted it here:
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/t...wn)-correction

I did not see the information at the top of the forum. But since my text was neigher corrected, nor any thing has been done with it, I would like please you to delete it. Please have a little sympathy, I was very tired and overlooked it. Please let me apologise for your time invested into this.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Re: Please delete/edit my thread

@emsr2d2 I appreciate your answer, but could you please continue in here, so we can talk normaly?

The information at the top of the other section states that:
    "please note that posts cannot be deleted from the writing section. We will not remove texts that have been corrected, so please do not post any personal information in this sec

But my text has not been corrected and deleting it woldnt bother anybody, nor would it disturb any following writings, because there are none.

I have one more question to you: Why did you approve my thread blocking it directly afterwards when it was clearly violating the rules instead of not releasing it.

Other mods are also welcome to post here

Is there any way to make the post disappear like making it private, edit it or just delete by myself?

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

On this occasion, I will delete your thread because no one had worked on it. In future, please bear in mind the rules of the forum and read each screen carefully before posting.

In answer to your question, I approved it from moderation after simply checking that it contained no unauthorised links, wasn't spam and that your profile information was correct. It was only later, when I read the first sentence which made it clear that it was homework, that I closed the thread.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

4. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Thank you and excuse me once again.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by age95 View Post
    Yesterday Last night (or yesterday evening)

But since my text was neither corrected nor had anything has been done with it, I would like please you to delete it please. Please have a little sympathy; I was very tired and overlooked it. Please let me apologise for your time invested into this.